Voyager of the Seas swapped with Adventure of the Seas for 2023-24

On 7/28/2022 at 10:53 PM, twangster said:

I was finally going to try one of the forward facing balcony cabins on deck 11.   Only Navigator and Voyager have them.  Epic timelapse potential.   Have to see what they give me on Adventure.  

Same here.  I also wanted to try one of those balconies.  Wait and see how it shakes out.

• Like 1

I sometimes scratch my head how Royal and their IT department do things. I just checked my planner and now they have us on Voyager out of Galveston on a 5 night Western Caribbean instead of our intended 7 night Eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale. I've alerted my excellent TA and he quickly replied that this is normal with the long process of moving people over and to sit back and relax and just let it happen.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Same here.  I also wanted to try one of those balconies.  Wait and see how it shakes out.

Ditto for us. We will probably still keep the booking if the itinerary remains the same. We got a good deal and like the ports etc. But I am a little disappointed we won't get to try one of those balconies. I know - first world problems!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiWilliams said:

Ditto for us. We will probably still keep the booking if the itinerary remains the same. We got a good deal and like the ports etc. But I am a little disappointed we won't get to try one of those balconies. I know - first world problems!

Yes, well said…changing the location of my balcony is a first world problem.  We booked the Christmas sailing, so the speculation on this thread that our cruise may be shortened substantially is disconcerting.  I am hoping others will share if they discover definitive information.

1 hour ago, broadwaycam said:

Anyone that was switched from Voyager to Adventure get their new room assignment yet?

Ours just shows cancelled in our cruise planner - no new room assignment yet.

We were to have the Royal Suite on Adventure in August of 2023...how does Voyager compare? Is the ship in decent shape? We were looking forward to sailing on Adventure as we were told it was a nice and a fun sailing as well. Any comments?

On 7/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, monorail81 said:

Yeah…..I just got the same email. I’m disappointed because I wanted to sail on Voyager. We haven’t experienced it yet.  🤨  I wonder the likelihood that we’ll be assigned the same stateroom.  I would hope high since it’s almost an identical ship as the other.  

so according to the RC website I have been assigned the same stateroom although it is a better category on Adventure.  I wonder what the odds are that they change my room again to the category I had booked on Voyager. 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:32 AM, barbeyg said:

My email for the 5/6/2023 sailing is completely different from the choices here.  I'm on hold with them right now, because mine is a movement to Harmony OTS, in a JS.  Even though we have to drive to Miami instead of Ft Lauderdale, it's a great transfer for us.  We booked at a sweet price on Voyager, so not only having the price protection plus the $200 shipboard credit is a win win for us. First time our cruise was cancelled where it actually worked out for us.

How did you get moved to Harmony?  Thats quite a change. 

On 7/29/2022 at 5:23 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Is that for Christmas of 22 or Christmas of 23. I am booked Christmas of 23 and it is an eight night cruise.  That would be quite a change! 

m

me too.  I show the new itinerary now and its the same and the new room and its the same number. 

19 minutes ago, jaygatsby27 said:

How did you get moved to Harmony?  Thats quite a change. 

Adventure wasn't available for our week.  Apparently nothing else was in Ft Lauderdale.  They probably hoped we would cancel (like we have two other times with their abysmal offering for an alternative to our cancelled cruise.  Last time, we were offered a GS on Jewel OTS from a GS on Wonder OTS.  Really.  😂🤣)

We decided it was worth the flight down, especially since we have $600 in credits at Southwest. 

22 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Both of ours are now changed over for Dec 2023 - same cabin. I didn’t notice our stock obc, guess I do need to check that.

My stock OBC fell off as well.  Maybe I will have time in the next 504 days to reapply it😇

• Haha 1

On 7/31/2022 at 8:06 AM, DiWilliams said:

Woohoo, turns out I may be happy to wait to experience the forward facing balcony.

They seem upgraded us to a JS for the Christmas 2023 cruise!  I hope it’s real, not an IT glitch that will soon disappear.

YAY! Finally we got moved over on our Eastern Caribbean Oct. 21st sailing which includes Tortola. The port stops got switched around and I think I'm ok with it. Before we had two days at sea at the top now it's our last two days which I think will be ok.

The St. Croix port will be a longer stay instead of 8am-5pm it's now 7am-6pm which I think it's good.Perfect Day is a shorter stay instead of 10am-6pm it's now 7am-4:30pm.

The big change time in port is Tortola. We want to do an excursion to Jost Van Dyke and White Bay to go to the Soggy Dollar Bar. Originally it was 7am-3pm now it's 12pm-8pm. I don't know if this is good or bad. In one way we can have a good breakfast and then get ready to go over. The bad may be by the time we get there it may be really crowded.

Anyone with experience at Soggy Dollar better in the morning or afternoon?

Cheers,

Greg

On 8/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, Starry Eyes said:

Woohoo, turns out I may be happy to wait to experience the forward facing balcony.

They seem upgraded us to a JS for the Christmas 2023 cruise!  I hope it’s real, not an IT glitch that will soon disappear.

what cabin were you in on Voyager?

On 8/5/2022 at 1:19 PM, Sea Dog said:

YAY! Finally we got moved over on our Eastern Caribbean Oct. 21st sailing which includes Tortola. The port stops got switched around and I think I'm ok with it. Before we had two days at sea at the top now it's our last two days which I think will be ok.

The St. Croix port will be a longer stay instead of 8am-5pm it's now 7am-6pm which I think it's good.Perfect Day is a shorter stay instead of 10am-6pm it's now 7am-4:30pm.

The big change time in port is Tortola. We want to do an excursion to Jost Van Dyke and White Bay to go to the Soggy Dollar Bar. Originally it was 7am-3pm now it's 12pm-8pm. I don't know if this is good or bad. In one way we can have a good breakfast and then get ready to go over. The bad may be by the time we get there it may be really crowded.

Anyone with experience at Soggy Dollar better in the morning or afternoon?

Cheers,

Greg

I cant wait to go back to st croix.  theres an a day pass resort/hotel there i really liked.

On 8/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, molly361 said:

My stock OBC fell off as well.  Maybe I will have time in the next 504 days to reapply it😇

i always wait until about 3 months out before i apply it.  my travel agent obc is gone but im not sure it has been fully updated in their system yet.  

25 minutes ago, jaygatsby27 said:

what cabin were you in on Voyager?

One of the new deck 11 forward facing balconies on Voyager.  During my call regarding price protection I was told they run out of balconies, resulting in the upgrade with price protection, a lucky result for me.