Access Denied

Cruzin Terri

1 hour ago, Dwtlion said:

Sent an email to O's webmaster yesterday as neither my windows computer nor my new Ipad air would work. Kept getting access denied. Grrr.

Thank you, I was beginning to think that O was only picking on me.  I had no trouble today.  That being said, my TA was having the same difficulty while she was trying to book a cruise for me

Terri

• 8 months later...

On week-ends, they've finally begun posting at the top of the home page the times & dates when they will be doing site maintenance.  They're also posting what areas are affected and what info/functionality won't be available.  It's just like a real business site.

That said, I don't understand their "Access Denied" issue, though it happens on a somewhat-regular basis.  Sometimes, I just hit the back button, get the message, and, no matter what I try to do on their site, I get the "Access Denied" error message.  No rhyme or reason.  Just Oceania being Oceania, I guess.🙄

• Like 1

I’m a retiree, mostly. Never consider trying to get on the site over a weekend anymore. Frustrated enough trying on a week day. 

Been fortunate so far in that none of my dinner reservation days have hit over a weekend. 

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I’m a retiree, mostly. Never consider trying to get on the site over a weekend anymore. Frustrated enough trying on a week day. 

Been fortunate so far in that none of my dinner reservation days have hit over a weekend. 

To paraphrase Maggie Smith's character in Downton Abbey, "What is a weekend?" 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I've gotten "access denied" messages in the past. In researching this, it is not a website issue, but related to your browser. You will need to flush your browser cache 

here is a website to fix the problem across multiple browsers

https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/fix-access-denied-you-dont-have-permission-to-access-on-this-server-on-windows-10

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JHLH821 said:

I've gotten "access denied" messages in the past. In researching this, it is not a website issue, but related to your browser. You will need to flush your browser cache 

No, really - it's a website issue.

• Like 2