Has my luck finally run out ?

babs135

We have 15 cruises under our belts, three quarters (maybe more) of which we have booked with a guarantee cabin and have always been very happy with wherever we've ended up but this time I think our luck may have deserted us.  We are on Queen Victoria's Christmas cruise to the Canary Islands and have just got our cabin. Deck 4 cabin 4008.  I've just checked the deck plans and not only is it very forward  it is also above the theatre.  My questions are noise from the theatre and movement in the cabin if the sea is rough?   Anything else I should be aware of ?

We were in 4010 a number of years ago. We never heard a sound from the theatre. Being so far forward, there is the potential for more movement but we never felt any and my wife is very susceptible.  As Hattie has said, the balcony has a metal front to it but on the plus side these are about 18" to 24" deeper than on the other decks. 

• Thanks 1

We had a similar stateroom in 2016 and we loved it, helped in part by the bigger balcony that you get on deck 4 forward and aft.

IMG_20161009_154257.thumb.jpg.463a3a1a1469b60db907e1eae0669eec.jpg

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 4

I once had  a similiar cabin: Yes, one can hear the theatre and the bow thrusters. The later I found particular sleep wracking. 

Yet, I know people who did not mind, eg. early risers who were up anyway when the ship docked 

I always book a forward balcony cabin because I love the movement in rough weather - the rougher the better. Also the whooosh! from the bow's cutting edge immediately below the cabin is a fantastic sound I could listen to all night.

Bangs, crashes, juddering - bring it on!

I imagine I am in an old sailing clipper and reliving what is was like to sail the oceans back then, thankfully in relative comfort and without the constant fear of foundering!

Last month on Aurora the cruise to the Baltic was a great 24 hour start in a very angry North Sea - worth the price of the cruise alone!

I always feel cheated by a cruise with no really rough weather, but the wife hates it of course!

• Like 3