Pre-Cruise Concierge/Contact Information?

Ben100014

Hi all,

I will be taking my first cruise onboard Silversea in a few weeks aboard the Muse sailing from Vancouver to Seward, AK.

On other lines with suites, we've generally had access to some kind of pre-cruise concierge where requests could be made (On NCLs Haven, X's Retreat, etc.) However, I have not found such an option for Silversea, and it is greatly needed as my mother has partial throat muscle paralysis from a brain tumor she had removed last summer, and requires apple sauce in order to take her medications.

That said, is there any way to get in contact with the line to specifically request this for our suite ahead of time to ensure she can have access to this? Is the best approach just to call the line directly? There was no option for custom requests on the mySilversea online portal, interestingly enough.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

1 hour ago, david63 said:

Can you not request this via MySilverea? I'm sure there is an option in there for dietary requirements - alternatively contact you Personal Silversea Cruise Consultant

Unfortunately, there was no option to make custom requests under dietary preferences; all options were for special diets, allergies, etc. I’m not entirely sure who you’re referring to for the cruise consultant part as we booked through an agent and never were put into contact with a consultant.

6 minutes ago, Ben100014 said:

not entirely sure who you’re referring to for the cruise consultant

The person who handles your cruise when you book direct with Silversea

7 minutes ago, Ben100014 said:

we booked through an agent

Then get then to deal with it - after all that is what you are paying them for

Or you could try

specialservices@silversea.com

or

guestrelations@silversea.com

But in reality, once on board just ask your butler and it will  be done. Applesauce is something they will have on board anyway so it’s not a difficult request. 

• Thanks 1

Good morning, I agree with Jolly, this is something your Butler can help with........actually, applesauce was something I needed on my last sailing as well and it was a very easy request and they were more than happy to get it for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Applesauce is something they will have on board anyway so it’s not a difficult request. 

One would think this would be the case, and it may well be. However, when I asked for some applesauce to accompany a pork chop, I was told that they would gladly make some for me. The implication was that they would not just be opening a can or jar. 

Where this is such an important thing, I wouldn't wait until I was onboard to address it.  I would definitely reach out ahead of time, whether through your travel agent, or by dealing directly with SS.  

Don't wait, on the off chance that somehow your cruise is the one where they didn't bother to order enough apple sauce.

• Like 2

I've had good luck with, as Jolly said "speicalservices@silversea.com".  If it's a totally critical item, I would consider either taking some applesauce with you or purchasing a jar when you get to Vancouver.  I realize you shouldn't need to do this on a luxury line, however, you might want a back-up plan for something so necessary & wires get crossed at times between shore & sea.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Or you could try

specialservices@silversea.com

or

guestrelations@silversea.com

But in reality, once on board just ask your butler and it will  be done. Applesauce is something they will have on board anyway so it’s not a difficult request. 

I have reached out to both of these emails and am hopeful for a response. Thank you for providing them!

6 hours ago, nowornever said:

I've had good luck with, as Jolly said "speicalservices@silversea.com".  If it's a totally critical item, I would consider either taking some applesauce with you or purchasing a jar when you get to Vancouver.  I realize you shouldn't need to do this on a luxury line, however, you might want a back-up plan for something so necessary & wires get crossed at times between shore & sea.

If absolutely necessary, we will do this if SS is unable to accommodate, though I find that scenario unlikely as X was able to provide apple sauce without any issues on our Nov cruise with them.