SpTH (Spain Travel Health Form) required

RV Queen

Has anyone that embarked in Barcelona had to submit a SpTH (Spain Travel Health Form) and obtain a QR code as a requirement before entry and clearing  customs?  Evidently, if we do not have an EU Certificate, we USA, have to submit this form, with vaccination and negative Covid test documentation. The form is quite lengthy.  Sounds like another big pain.  I can’t get a straight answer from Princess.  Your assistance greatly appreciated. 

RV Queen we are on a cruise out of Barcelona in a month.  I have my air booked with Delta (did not use EZ Air) and today I filled out the Delta FlyReady info and Delta linked me over to also complete the SP TH (Spain Health). I completed what could be done now- the balance of the Spain requirement I will need to complete 72 hours before travel.  If you within a month of travel you may find the info through your airline.  Happy travels! 

We traveled to Madrid and then onto Barcelona for a cruise from Barcelona beginning on July 2.  We did not fill out this form.  We needed proof of vaccination and proof of a negative covid test taken no more than 3 days prior to boarding. We flew Iberia and no one ever mentioned this form.  There were 16 of us traveling together (not a tour) and none of us had this form or had any problems entering the country or boarding the Regal Princess.

Country-Specific Information

U.S. citizens can travel from the United States to Spain if they show that they are vaccinated  against COVID-19, or have a recovery certificate , or show a negative diagnostic test result  (NAAT or RAT) performed either within 72hours prior to departure to Spain for a NAAT (e.g. – PCR test) or within 24 hours prior to departure to Spain for a RAT (e.g. – rapid antigen test).

COVID-19 Information - U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Spain and Andorra (usembassy.gov)

Thank you Ken.  I’ve read your posts before and you seem to answer many questions. I did in fact read that web site. It’s very confusing because it does state the requirements as you quoted, but please scroll further down in the site.  It says because we do not have an EU Certificate, we have to fill out form and get that dang QR code.  They say one thing in one paragraph and then later qualify that we do. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RV Queen said:

Thank you Ken.  I’ve read your posts before and you seem to answer many questions. I did in fact read that web site. It’s very confusing because it does state the requirements as you quoted, but please scroll further down in the site.  It says because we do not have an EU Certificate, we have to fill out form and get that dang QR code.  They say one thing in one paragraph and then later qualify that we do. 

As I mentioned in my thread, all we had to show when we arrived at the Barcelona airport on July 2 on our AA flight from Atlanta was our CDC cards prior to being able to pick up our luggage at baggage claim. No QR code required. 

I’m assuming you’re referring to the below statement. I have to admit, I don’t remember that statement being there. It sure sounds like if you’re a US citizen, you have to fill out the form.

Please read the Spanish Ministry of Health’s website   for more detailed information.

Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States to Spain must present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal , obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age and duration of the trip, unless they have a EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC). To travel to Spain, it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU certificate. The CDC vaccination certificate is not a digital certificate; therefore travelers from the U.S. who have a CDC vaccination certificate must still generate the QR code through the Spain Travel Health portal .

Edited by Ken the cruiser

If you are a citizen of a Schegen country (US is a Schegen country) then you only need a CDC vaccination card OR a digital vaccine record on your phone or Ipad.  Your latest shot cannot be more than 270 days old from your FINAL day in Spain.  Go to your airline website and look at your reservation...it will have a notice posted IF you need additional forms or testing.  The airlines are really good about this (similar to not letting you board the plane without showing your passport if you are going to a foreign country)

e

2 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

If you are a citizen of a Schegen country (US is a Schegen country) then you only need a CDC vaccination card OR a digital vaccine record on your phone or Ipad.  Your latest shot cannot be more than 270 days old from your FINAL day in Spain.  Go to your airline website and look at your reservation...it will have a notice posted IF you need additional forms or testing.  The airlines are really good about this (similar to not letting you board the plane without showing your passport if you are going to a foreign country)

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

As I mentioned in my thread, all we had to show when we arrived at the Barcelona airport on July 2 on our AA flight from Atlanta was our CDC cards prior to being able to pick up our luggage at baggage claim. No QR code required. 

I’m assuming you’re referring to the below statement. I have to admit, I don’t remember that statement being there. It sure sounds like if you’re a US citizen, you have to fill out the form.

Please read the Spanish Ministry of Health’s website   for more detailed information.

Additionally, U.S. citizens traveling from the United States to Spain must present upon arrival in Spain a QR code generated through the Spain Travel Health portal , obtained through the website or by downloading the “SpTH app” in Google Play Store or iTunes App Store for each traveler, regardless of their age and duration of the trip, unless they have a EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC). To travel to Spain, it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU certificate. The CDC vaccination certificate is not a digital certificate; therefore travelers from the U.S. who have a CDC vaccination certificate must still generate the QR code through the Spain Travel Health portal .

This was updated last week and is no longer needed

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Are you sure?

The 26 Schengen countries are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, FranceGermanyGreece, HungaryIcelandItaly, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caribill said:

Thanks for the correct information!

9 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

This was updated last week and is no longer needed

That's great to hear. Would you mind posting the link for the OP to read as the US Embassy & Consulate website is still posting that it is required for US citizens when arriving in Spain when I posted this response. 

COVID-19 Information - U.S. Embassy & Consulate in Spain and Andorra (usembassy.gov)

Just now tried to go to the website I had bookmarked with the info, but states no longer available.   Did some other digging and looks like you are correct...health form IS still required, but if vaxed then no test is needed (only to board ship).  BIG dissappointment!

13 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

Your latest shot cannot be more than 270 days old from your FINAL day in Spain.  

My booster was on October 30, 2021 - so my last shot will have been more than 270 days from my final day in Spain.  But I am not eligible for another booster yet here in the US.  Am I still ok?

Thanks in advance 🙂