Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

12 hours ago, woodscruise said:

Geoff, do you think 3 Quantum class in the Asia / Pacific for 24/25?

You mean 4 (Sydney - 2, Brisbane, Singapore)?  Yes, if Brilliance leaves Sydney, Anthem is the obvious available replacement.  They should be able to fill 2 Q-class from Sydney.  
Options for the Southern winter would include Alaska or year round Australia.  The former seems more likely.  
Wondering if Utopia could replace an O-class in Florida and an older one goes to Singapore.  

2 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

You mean 4 (Sydney - 2, Brisbane, Singapore)?  Yes, if Brilliance leaves Sydney, Anthem is the obvious available replacement.  They should be able to fill 2 Q-class from Sydney.  
Options for the Southern winter would include Alaska or year round Australia.  The former seems more likely.  
Wondering if Utopia could replace an O-class in Florida and an older one goes to Singapore.  

Is this finally the year? 😂 After countless years of counting down till when Oasis class finally makes it way to APAC... 

5 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

I’ve been searching, but not come across anything as of yet. 

There’s still Utopia to come as well and in my opinion, I think a full China deployment would be unlikely. Although, I could very well be wrong! 

Hoping that there will be some updates to the deployment release flyer within the next couple of weeks… the suspense is killing me! 

And because no evidence has been found, I gather Anthem is either replacing an existing deployment (eg Brilliance - h/t springaussie) or going to a market for which schedules are not accessible.  

Agree with you regarding China deployment.  Too much risk for Royal.  Few cruises or a short season from HK maybe.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Sydney needs more capacity and the only way is a bigger ship.

The repo would be super popular.

5 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think OPT could handle check in of a Oasis , Quantum class is about it.

You mean more ships as opposed to bigger ships then?

3 hours ago, springaussie said:

The Oz season 24/25 will it be only 2 ships?

If so with Quantum appearing to go for a dry dock in Singapore in November 2024 and Ovation will most likely a work a music charter or 2 in November 2024 this will cut cruise numbers for the first part of the season. 

For Australia to get 3 ships 24/25 I believe the question to ask is “Will Alaska 2025 have 3 Quantum ships?”

Royal wants to grow the Aus/NZ market, so 2 ships seems very unlikely.  Gavin would be managing to a revenue target for the market and the likely late arrival of Quantum leaves a bit of a hole.  But the key point is that capacity from Sydney can only be grown by deploying bigger ships.  

43 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Is this finally the year? 😂 After countless years of counting down till when Oasis class finally makes it way to APAC... 

They’ve had a big reset on China of course (anyone with basic awareness of the developing geopolitical situation could see that coming, regardless of the pandemic).  So, no O-class for China any time soon.  

Singapore is the obvious home port to grow presence in Asia…. modern cruise terminal with spare capacity, great air hub with a big range of flights, stable, open, safe and the government is eager to grow tourism.  It’s a no brainer!  Would the ports that Spectrum currently calls at cater for O-class?  I think Penang was a pretty large commercial port.  But Langkawi?  
Royal would need a plan to replace Spectrum. 

3 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Royal wants to grow the Aus/NZ market, so 2 ships seems very unlikely.  Gavin would be managing to a revenue target for the market and the likely late arrival of Quantum leaves a bit of a hole.  But the key point is that capacity from Sydney can only be grown by deploying bigger ships.  

2 ships for Oz I agree doesn’t sound right but that is what the port bookings are telling me now.

2 ships would certainly bring higher fares and should attract more onboard revenue. 
Geoff we will have to wait for updates in the ports and Gavin to take his shovel to Lelepa for the media launch.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

2 ships for Oz I agree doesn’t sound right but that is what the port bookings are telling me now.

2 ships would certainly bring higher fares and should attract more onboard revenue. 
Geoff we will have to wait for updates in the ports and Gavin to take his shovel to Lelepa for the media launch.

Hey springaussie, There are numerous entries in the Sydney port calendar from Oct 2024 to April 2025 in the name Vision of the Seas, in addition to Ovation’s many bookings.  

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

I have a bit of a feeling things are going sour in Vanuatu for Royal Caribbean.

I think it’s only once this season that they have been accepted in Mystery Island. Carnival group hasn’t had a problem but Royal keeps getting stood up.

I have a feeling it’s all connected to Lelepa and the lack of progress.

There was a article in the local paper about the chief on Lelepa not being happy.

https://www.dailypost.vu/news/lelepa-chief-to-cruise-liner-visit-dependent-on-conditions/article_cedec975-e030-5d48-a64b-c7a235a2dc93.html

16 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I have a bit of a feeling things are going sour in Vanuatu for Royal Caribbean.

I think it’s only once this season that they have been accepted in Mystery Island. Carnival group hasn’t had a problem but Royal keeps getting stood up.

I have a feeling it’s all connected to Lelepa and the lack of progress.

There was a article in the local paper about the chief on Lelepa not being happy.

https://www.dailypost.vu/news/lelepa-chief-to-cruise-liner-visit-dependent-on-conditions/article_cedec975-e030-5d48-a64b-c7a235a2dc93.html

Chilli thanks.

That Mystery Island is certainly playing issues with them compared to Carnival.

Some think it could be Covid numbers?

Ovation ATM has visited 1 port in 9 days. It doesn’t look good for Royal. Surely the travel insurance companies are not going to keep paying missed port money for Royal and Mystery Island for much longer. 
I will not be in the South Pacific this Summer. 

52 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Hey springaussie, There are numerous entries in the Sydney port calendar from Oct 2024 to April 2025 in the name Vision of the Seas, in addition to Ovation’s many bookings.  

Geoff I was classing the Sydney entries as not updated with the big gap on Vision booking for the around Oz cruise.

Royal must have to cut port visits in Sydney in February and March to allow the around the world cruises into Circular Quay. It has been like this for a few years now.  

(If using Anthem and Ovation I suppose they could send them both on long cruises to cut down the Circular Quay visits. )

41 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Chilli thanks.

That Mystery Island is certainly playing issues with them compared to Carnival.

Some think it could be Covid numbers?

Ovation ATM has visited 1 port in 9 days. It doesn’t look good for Royal. Surely the travel insurance companies are not going to keep paying missed port money for Royal and Mystery Island for much longer. 
I will not be in the South Pacific this Summer. 

something is going on ,I was on the first cruise to mystery island and it was dropped.we spent almost 3 days at anchor in Vila bay,couldn’t get of most of the time . It has improved since then.

Heres’ a thread.

9 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

They’ve had a big reset on China of course (anyone with basic awareness of the developing geopolitical situation could see that coming, regardless of the pandemic).  So, no O-class for China any time soon.  

Singapore is the obvious home port to grow presence in Asia…. modern cruise terminal with spare capacity, great air hub with a big range of flights, stable, open, safe and the government is eager to grow tourism.  It’s a no brainer!  Would the ports that Spectrum currently calls at cater for O-class?  I think Penang was a pretty large commercial port.  But Langkawi?  
Royal would need a plan to replace Spectrum. 

That is why Royal should be looking to seriously expand in the 2023-2024 season, but as it stands, they are pretty slow at doing so. SG gov has pushed for the return of cruising during covid and that should be enough to open the doors for an O class in 2024-2025 season. So if they fail to do so with this year of deployments, it will be surprising. Likely to see a replacement than an addition. 

Langkawi is definitely a no go for O class. I don't even think Quantum can fit there without ease. Penang still works as their pier takes the length of 2 cruise ships on frequent occasions. Phuket might be out because of tendering O class which would be a headache for 6000 guests. Unless a new pier is built elsewhere on the Island.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

That is why Royal should be looking to seriously expand in the 2023-2024 season, but as it stands, they are pretty slow at doing so. SG gov has pushed for the return of cruising during covid and that should be enough to open the doors for an O class in 2024-2025 season. So if they fail to do so with this year of deployments, it will be surprising. Likely to see a replacement than an addition. 

Langkawi is definitely a no go for O class. I don't even think Quantum can fit there without ease. Penang still works as their pier takes the length of 2 cruise ships on frequent occasions. Phuket might be out because of tendering O class which would be a headache for 6000 guests. Unless a new pier is built elsewhere on the Island.

I don’t know if you have seen this article?

Angie Stephen mentions oasis class to Singapore and even Icon!

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/tips-advice/destinations/lines-like-celebrity-cruises-and-msc-return-to-asia-but-one-player-is-pulling-out-of-the-region/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know if you have seen this article?

Angie Stephen mentions oasis class to Singapore and even Icon!

https://cruisepassenger.com.au/tips-advice/destinations/lines-like-celebrity-cruises-and-msc-return-to-asia-but-one-player-is-pulling-out-of-the-region/

Thanks for that. I actually don't think Icon is the right kind of ship for the SEA market. Icon screams spring break vibes and this is definitely not strong in Asia. Based off the first Icon, yes it is fun, but it is also loud which i'm not sure matches the current market culture especially if they're trying to attract a new generation of teenagers from the region for future customer relationship growth and loyalty. With Icon you're looking at capturing a demographic of between 13-21, whereas the growth of the local cruise industry is coming mostly from 20's - 30's, might be a mismatch, unless they can market it such that Icon appeals to the young adults and adults generation more specifically. 

Oasis class and wonder particularly offers both a better balance of fun and maturity and longevity for the region, similar to the past ships homeported in SG. IE. Legend, Mariner, Voyager, Quantum.

Edited by Ethanol95

15 hours ago, springaussie said:

Geoff I was classing the Sydney entries as not updated with the big gap on Vision booking for the around Oz cruise.

Royal must have to cut port visits in Sydney in February and March to allow the around the world cruises into Circular Quay. It has been like this for a few years now.  

(If using Anthem and Ovation I suppose they could send them both on long cruises to cut down the Circular Quay visits. )

As you say, we’ll need to see the next round of updates to Sydney’s port calendar.  

Re: The world cruise visits… 

Isn’t it just first come first served when it comes to port bookings?  

10 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

Thanks for that. I actually don't think Icon is the right kind of ship for the SEA market. Icon screams spring break vibes and this is definitely not strong in Asia. Based off the first Icon, yes it is fun, but it is also loud which i'm not sure matches the current market culture especially if they're trying to attract a new generation of teenagers from the region for future customer relationship growth and loyalty. With Icon you're looking at capturing a demographic of between 13-21, whereas the growth of the local cruise industry is coming mostly from 20's - 30's, might be a mismatch, unless they can market it such that Icon appeals to the young adults and adults generation more specifically. 

Oasis class and wonder particularly offers both a better balance of fun and maturity and longevity for the region, similar to the past ships homeported in SG. IE. Legend, Mariner, Voyager, Quantum.

Have you ever tried emailing that Angie Stephens ? I have but she doesn’t answer. I was thinking because I’m in Australia. 

10 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Have you ever tried emailing that Angie Stephens ? I have but she doesn’t answer. I was thinking because I’m in Australia. 

From what i've witnessed she's not very responsive to public customer feedback. Maybe liked a few facebook posts which concerns her duties when they are featured. Although i know of a friend who did manage to get through to her via email before. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rae8836 said:

Anyone aware of if and when we might see trips to/from Quebec in fall of 2024?  Will Jewel do 'Fall Foliage' trips in 2024?

Nope unknown, and still bunch different Dates and Ships to be released. I'm waiting on Repo's, long Caribbean and Seasonal sailings. Some should be earlier but usually by April-May when most are done

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 12:40 PM, springaussie said:

You’re right…. All but one of the 2024/25 entries in Sydney OPT calendar for Vision have now gone. 

• Like 1