A port day in Boston

aquafit

3 hours ago, aquafit said:

Hello...has anybody docked in Boston for the day, and can tell me if Royal Carribean usually have a shuttle service from the ship to the city centre please?

Not that I know of.  Two ways to economically get downtown; first walk about a city block to the left after coming out of the terminal to the Silver Line Bus stop.  It should be near the new Hampton Inn.

Get off at the Faneuil Hall area.

2nd. Order an UBER car and pick a central spot where you wish to go and walk from there; Swam Boat in the Public Gardens is nice.

4 hours ago, aquafit said:

has anybody docked in Boston for the day, and can tell me if Royal Carribean usually have a shuttle service from the ship to the city centre please?

No shuttle. Uber/Lyft is the fastest way to get there. Not nearly enough cabs come to the somewhat out of the way cruise terminal so the ride share apps are a big help. There are other public transport options as noted above. Technically you could walk it but there are far more interesting places to walk in Boston and it will take some time to do so. 

I do’s think any line provides a shuttle - the “T” (I think Silver Line) is in walking distance,  Uber is an option, I have heard that the area is very poorly served by taxis (because at any particular time people ar either coming or going - but nothing both - so there are few taxis early in the day) — there is a water taxi which will take you to down town center - I think about $20.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I recall at least one cruise line I was on having a shuttle to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market  offered as a shore excursion.

I imagine a number of lines sell excursions  which would transport passengers to places of interest,  but I think OP was hoping for simple transportation (hopefully at no, or minimal, fee).

14 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

I imagine a number of lines sell excursions  which would transport passengers to places of interest,  but I think OP was hoping for simple transportation (hopefully at no, or minimal, fee).

What I'm talking about is simple transportation. No tours were involved. I've taken it. It wasn't free, but it wasn't overly expensive.

17 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Not that I know of.  Two ways to economically get downtown; first walk about a city block to the left after coming out of the terminal to the Silver Line Bus stop.  It should be near the new Hampton Inn.

2nd. Order an UBER car and pick a central spot where you wish to go and walk from there; Swam Boat in the Public Gardens is nice.

I think that Silver Line terminates at South Station.  From there you can walk to your destination or take a free transfer to the Red Line and even transfer from there if you'd like for free

20 hours ago, Nanatravel said:

Thank you, that is helpful xx