Mardi Gras class question

matymil

We booked the ice cream maker class for our cruise on the Mardi Gras next month. I just realized that our 3 year old does not have a ticket. I can't seem to find anywhere that says if he needs one or not, since he won't be doing much participating. Has anyone taken these classes before that may have some insight on this? Thanks

I would be very surprised if small children were allowed in the classes.  The kitchen has a number of double work stations and the controls for the induction stoves are under the counter (within reach of a small child), as well as other fragile/dangerous items.  There will be twenty people listening to instructions from a chef, with two or three assistants walking around the area to help participants, remove dirty dishes, etc.  Not at all a safe environment for young children.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I would be very surprised if small children were allowed in the classes.  The kitchen has a number of double work stations and the controls for the induction stoves are under the counter (within reach of a small child), as well as other fragile/dangerous items.  There will be twenty people listening to instructions from a chef, with two or three assistants walking around the area to help participants, remove dirty dishes, etc.  Not at all a safe environment for young children.

Thank you. I was actually starting to think the same thing. It was the first "extra" that i booked after we booked the cruise. I didnt see an age restriction and since its ice cream i figured it would be kid friendly. After i watched some you tube videos i started to change my mind. I'll probably end up canceling it and spending the OBC on something else. I just hope that the OBC gets put back onto my account quickly. Ive had issues canceling excursions and having to wait for months for a refund.

6 hours ago, matymil said:

Just canceled. Hopefully theres no issue with the OBC getting put back on my acct since i did not get a confirmation email.

It is a shame to pass up something you were looking forward to, but it was the right thing to do.  I did some research on it and in one place on the website I saw “all ages”.  But in two other locations, it says “minimum age is 12”.  In any case, it would have been a dangerous situation for your son.  The kitchen has a glass wall, so at some point you can stop by watch a class for a few minutes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, floridacruiser14 said:

Where on the website do you go to book these classes?  We are booked on MardiGras next June and don’t want to miss the opportunity to do this.

Thank you.

I think they are found under "excursions' in your cruise planner. 

14 hours ago, floridacruiser14 said:

Where on the website do you go to book these classes?  We are booked on MardiGras next June and don’t want to miss the opportunity to do this.

Thank you.

You have plenty of time however our cruise is next month and half of the classes are sold out

Edited by matymil

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's the darndest thing.... I'm on MG in November and again on the NYE cruise, and on the Nov cruise all the classes are there, some sold out, and on the NYE cruise the classes have never even appeared. Go figure. 

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Yeah, it's the darndest thing.... I'm on MG in November and again on the NYE cruise, and on the Nov cruise all the classes are there, some sold out, and on the NYE cruise the classes have never even appeared. Go figure. 

I'm thinking they wait until closer to the cruise to post the classes, I'm guessing they change from time to time

• Like 1