Laundry

Tink55

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

Brilliant!  Carry-ons only: tell me more!  How many carry-ons each. Anything else like backpacks?  You deserve a medal,  not just a HAL Medallion.

We use backpacks as our personal item, will stuff them with three days worth of clothes each and toiletries.  We also have carry ones each but have heard that sometime recently they want those checked too.  We are going 74 days, will each have a backpack, carryon each and one checked bag.  We roll our clothes in the suitcases.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Brilliant!  Carry-ons only: tell me more!  How many carry-ons each. Anything else like backpacks?  You deserve a medal,  not just a HAL Medallion.

One IT carryon suitcase and one knapsack each.

This was 2015. The cardigans are three different weights from filmy to light-weight merino. Not shown is a slinky black skirt and a "four-sided" tank to be worn under the black cardigan for Gala nights. I did not make wardrobe pages for DH's packing. Just picture three trousers and six or seven button-up shirts, one cardigan (and a longer raincoat, etc). He wore his navy blazer to travel in.

Getting there 2.jpg

Packing.JPG

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

This was 2015. The cardigans are three different weights from filmy to light-weight merino. Not shown is a slinky black skirt and a "four-sided" tank to be worn under the black cardigan for Gala nights. I did not make wardrobe pages for DH's packing. Just picture three trousers and six or seven button-up shirts, one cardigan (and a longer raincoat, etc). 

Getting packed.JPG

Getting there 2.jpg

Packing.JPG

Brilliant! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

We use backpacks as our personal item, will stuff them with three days worth of clothes each and toiletries.  We also have carry ones each but have heard that sometime recently they want those checked too.  We are going 74 days, will each have a backpack, carryon each and one checked bag.  We roll our clothes in the suitcases.

Thanks from another Vancouverite.  I am going to try rolling for a change, so see how this works.  Really appreciate your post!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

This was 2015. The cardigans are three different weights from filmy to light-weight merino. Not shown is a slinky black skirt and a "four-sided" tank to be worn under the black cardigan for Gala nights. I did not make wardrobe pages for DH's packing. Just picture three trousers and six or seven button-up shirts, one cardigan (and a longer raincoat, etc). He wore his navy blazer to travel in.

Getting there 2.jpg

Packing.JPG

Wow!  Colour-coordinated par excellence! I need to work on that aspect :)  I would need more shoes, but this shows how to do it. Love the black with the orange.  You are v-e-r-y

good at this and I appreciate this help!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nymich said:

I only see $20 for North America and $30 for Europe per bag.  Is it $20 in the South Pacific as well?  Thanks

I reopened this thread to get the answer to my above question.  I got the answer from a second thread I posted on.  While I didn't get the answer here I did learn people love to talk about laundry!  Carry on my wayward son..........

• Haha 2

I, too, love, love, love the laundry package - but learned the hard way to look for and remove the tags  affixed to each item right away.  Those little things last forever.  Last winter, I found one on the inside of a waistband - it had to be from a 2018 cruise!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Djb.zville said:

I, too, love, love, love the laundry package - but learned the hard way to look for and remove the tags  affixed to each item right away.  Those little things last forever.  Last winter, I found one on the inside of a waistband - it had to be from a 2018 cruise!  

Been there, annoyed by that!

One thing I love is the notes from the Laundry Team.  On a longer cruises we start getting duplicate wording, from different names, but they mean well and it is a nice way of trying hard.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, Tink55 said:

How much is it for the unlimited laundry service?

In December 2021 we paid $77 for 11 nights to the Caribbean. Sounds like the price may be the same now. Best investment (other than the cruise itself) I made. We could cut down on the amount of clothing we needed to pack.

Jim