Harmony of the Seas Lunch on Boarding day

8 minutes ago, QuickieGlenn said:

I know to avoid the buffet on boarding day, looked at a few videos of thew ship looks like a many places to eat.

Where do you go to avod the crowds on Harmony?

Might be some crowds everywhere.  But a good place go is park cafe.  It is in Central Park on deck 8.  Great place for a quick breakfast all week too.  The beef sandwich is popular and they have other types of sandwiches as well as salads and other “healthy” food.  For breakfast they have egg ham and cheese muffin sandwiches as well as fruit, yogurt parfaits, etc.  Great place for breakfast or lunch when you aren’t looking for a ton of options or a full service sit down meal.  

Edited by topnole
  • Like 2

We ate in Jamie's on HOTS.  And yes, it costs, but it's a nice lunch and it's relaxing.  We always do a specialty on boarding day on every ship we're on.   We're already book in specialty's for lunch on our upcoming cruises that it's open already for purchase.  Chops is where we eat on Vision class and have booked on Jewel for this Nov.  

11 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Or embark ASAP, eat wherever before it's crowded, then find an uncrowded spot to hang out until your cabin is ready.

This

We have nearly always eaten at WJ on boarding day and it has never been crowded.  We have always been among the first to board and after a quick stop at a specialty restaurant to make dining reservations we head to the WJ for lunch.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This

We have nearly always eaten at WJ on boarding day and it has never been crowded.  We have always been among the first to board and after a quick stop at a specialty restaurant to make dining reservations we head to the WJ for lunch.

That's usually our M.O. On a recent family cruise (most of the extended family isn't big on WJ) they all went to Park Cafe (which I also enjoy). Wife and I went to WJ then met up with them.

I think my texting pics and comments about the paella WJ always seems to have on day one and something else influenced my brother-in-law. They cruised alone last week and one of the first texts my SIL sent the family after boarding was "Sitting in WJ, BIL and niece went to find paella." 🤣