NCL drops vaccine requirement after September 3rd

SeaPink0409

18 minutes ago, blondestickchick said:

I don't disagree with you.  The vx sure isn't preventing spread. It's all very ridiculous IMO at this point.  But testing can stop positive folks from getting on board.  Looking forward to the rest of the cruiselines to follow NCL's lead.  Good to see someone willing to put their neck out for the sake of the industry! 

So these test can give false positives. Then what. I test 3 days out and ten minutes later, i can catch it.  You don't require this in any other aspect of your life. 

2 minutes ago, 6aces said:

So these test can give false positives. Then what. I test 3 days out and ten minutes later, i can catch it.  You don't require this in any other aspect of your life. 

Agreed - false negatives as well.  We're all on the same page.  Ready to take our first cruise since this whole fiasco began.  Glad the steps in the right direction are being taken.  

12 minutes ago, blondestickchick said:

Agreed - false negatives as well.  We're all on the same page.  Ready to take our first cruise since this whole fiasco began.  Glad the steps in the right direction are being taken.  

Exactly. I believe these cruise lines are afraid of lawsuits

1 minute ago, haehaehaley said:

This is great news! Any speculation on when Carnival might follow and drop the vaccine mandate as well?

None what-so-ever. It may be tomorrow, next week, next month, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, haehaehaley said:

This is great news! Any speculation on when Carnival might follow and drop the vaccine mandate as well?

The sooner the better.  Even though my tests just arrived for my cruise yesterday 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skridge said:

It's unfortunate that they are allowing unvaccinated passengers onto ships.  I wish they would have just stopped the testing of the vaccinated and continued to only let on a small percentage of unvaccinated.

Where else do you go where you require everyone to be vaccinated?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Never.

If Carnival is foolish enough to keep their pre-cruise testing in place, on 7-8 dsy cruises,  looks like I'll be trying out NCL again in 2023.

It would be nice if one major line got rid of everything, one got rid of testing, but kept vaxxing requirements and one kept it all for the fearful out there and see where the bottomline falls.

Give the marketplace the most choices.

• Like 3

Just now, BlerkOne said:

NCLH

11.97-1.56(-11.53%)
As of 01:30PM EDT. Market open.

CCL
9.37-0.64(-6.42%)
As of 01:30PM EDT. Market open.

Dow 30

-30.80(-0.09%)

Nope as usually you have it wrong. Carnival has lost more🤦

Screenshot_20220809-103246~2.png

4 minutes ago, bguppies said:

If Carnival is foolish enough to keep their pre-cruise testing in place, on 7-8 dsy cruises,  looks like I'll be trying out NCL again in 2023.

It would be nice if one major line got rid of everything for the reckless, one got rid of testing, but kept vaxxing requirements and one kept it all for the intelligent out there and see where the bottomline falls.

Give the marketplace the most choices.

FIFA.

Carnival will likely go the route that Princess is trying for UK cruises, before dropping pre-cruise testing.

Just now, haehaehaley said:

LOL doubtful. I’m sure it’s coming but was curious at everyone’s thoughts on the timeline. I’m vaccinated but have unvaccinated family members who would love to cruise. 

well, you asked for opinions....

21 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

NCL stock is in the toilet today and dragging the rest of the market down. Only exaggerating a little. NCL is desperate for more business.

I don't think the smallest public cruise line has the power to affect the market at large.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I don't think the smallest public cruise line has the power to affect the market at large.

You are correct. Carnival is going to fail first.  The market shows that

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, kona_wahine said:

The testing is a waste of time. Especially the more then 5 days. Doesn’t make a difference. Hope it’s all gone by February 

Exactly ps. Love kona

21 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Really?  I just went ot my pharmacist and asked for a test kit and they gave me three boxes.  I thought it would actually be easier now that you can use the free test kits and set up an appt to be proctored online??

Sorry, should have specified! I meant the rapid done at a pharmacy. We prefer the rapid because we fly a day ahead and don't want to get the result when we have already flown wherever we are going. Last summer we could schedule them at a few different locations, up to 14 days in advance. Now there's only one that's not super convenient and it's only scheduling a day in advance. 

What company are using to proctor tests with ones you already have? I saw a few different companies but hadn't heard first hand success stories so I was skeptical. But would definitely use one that would be reliable. I agree with you that seems much easier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NIATPAC29 said:

YOUR LOSS-YOUR FEAR IS REAL

I am not fearful for myself as I’ve repeatedly said.  …. I currently have Covid from my Horizon sailing last week, of course I am vaccinated and boosted so my symptoms are mild.  However I actually care about the employees and others all over the world that will be effected by another complete shutdown when the unvaccinated start dying on ships again.  The vaccinated and unvaccinated are both just as susceptible to contacting Covid..  it’s the severity of the virus that is the issue .  In just sorry that so many of you dont get this, are caught up in ridiculous conspiracy theories or just don’t care

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I wonder why lines don't have the option for both vaccinated and non-vaccine cruises. It would make both sides happy. Keep the designation as per ship say Magic and Conquest are no vaccination requirement and Sunshine and Sunrise are vaccination required. Then people who don't want to be vaccinated have an option, those who only want to cruise with vaccinated others have an option and those who are vaccinated but don't care either way can book on either. 

Not sure how hard this would be for the lines to keep track of, just an idea. 

• Like 1