NCL drops vaccine requirement after September 3rd

SeaPink0409

Just now, lasvegascruising said:

Well, I am NOT vaccinated, I was hospitalized, I'm not dead and as soon as Carnival drops the vaccine requirement, I will be on one of their ships.  I do get that I should be cruising very soon and that is my point.

You were hospitalized..  that’s the point.  That’s happens on a ship,  the media will start the “petry dish” narrative..  again. Boom a shutdown they won’t survive.  You just made my point 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

It is clear that cruise industry is still suffering and this is an effort to increase the passenger base. Soon the cruise lines will have to raise prices and they hope the unvaccinated will help fill the ships. 

The cruise industry is suffering, but not from lack of passengers. At least not Carnival.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lasvegascruising said:

I have not been on a ship since December 2019 and was sick in 2021.  Nothing to do with a ship.

Exactly!!!  You were hospitalized!     If you got Covid again..(my daughter has had it twice, vaccinated of course so no symptoms) on a ship..  unvaccinated..  much higher chance of hospitalization and/or death..  that’s the point.  If you choose to risk yourself that’s your choice..  but when this starts happening to the unvaccinated on a ship..  and it will..  the media will destroy the industry 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

The cruise industry is suffering, but not from lack of passengers. At least not Carnival.

You are right there are plenty of passengers but prices are still down. I had a cruise in June and have three more booked, all are cheaper than my last few pre-pandemic cruises.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

Exactly!!!  You were hospitalized!     If you got Covid again..(my daughter has had it twice, vaccinated of course so no symptoms) on a ship..  unvaccinated..  much higher chance of hospitalization and/or death..  that’s the point.  If you choose to risk yourself that’s your choice..  but when this starts happening to the unvaccinated on a ship..  and it will..  the media will destroy the industry 

Wrong

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I am booked on Carnival for New Years Eve and I hope they still require vaccines.

I wouldn't count on that being the case now.  I would look for Carnival to follow soon.  I already figured that they would announce no testing on longer cruises later this month.  Now, I would expect more. 

41 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

Maybe only the cruisers that don’t mind taking a risk will go to NCL.  I will not and I don’t understand why individuals think that they should go on an unvaccinated cruise just because they can.  I am booked on Carnival for New Years Eve and I hope they still require vaccines.  I will go either way as we will be vaccinated and boosted.  I have waited too long for this cruise to have it marred by one of my family getting Covid!

i don't have plans to cruise on NCL whatever their policy. I don't like them in general.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

i don't have plans to cruise on NCL whatever their policy. I don't like them in general.

I don’t have nearly the cruise history that you seem to and I really enjoy your knowledgeable posts.  I will be going on my second Carnival.  I did one NCL as well as 4 or RCL, 4 PRINCESS, 1HAL, and 1 X.  I felt more nickeled and dined on the NCL than any other.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Enryon said:

NCL decided it was in their best interest to discontinue testing for vaccinated customers. I am fairly confident this is a business decision and is flexible. A large outbreak on a ship could cause them to change their decision. I am sure RCL and Carnival is watching and if no large outbreaks occur will follow suit in the near future. 

You may be right, but I'm thinking they change their policies very soon, especially when it comes to testing.  I don't expect them to wait until after NCL's policy has been in affect long enough to determine whether or not there are outbreaks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

You may be right, but I'm thinking they change their policies very soon, especially when it comes to testing.  I don't expect them to wait until after NCL's policy has been in affect long enough to determine whether or not there are outbreaks.

You could very well be correct. NCL set the date for the change nearly a month from now. I am sure they pushed it out a month to give time to evaluate how the 5 day cruises that have already dropped the requirement for vaccinated customers do. 

Edited by Enryon
  • Like 2

We like the pre cruise testing & vaccination requirement.  Wife & I do lots of cruises.  Diamond for last couple yrs.  On ships about 6 - 8 weeks @ yr currently, so we feel better knowing the vast majority has had both.  Realize others feel or "know" better / differently, but just IMHO.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SeaPink0409 said:

😏

I bet the dominos start to fall. Quickly. 

It's unfortunate that they are allowing unvaccinated passengers onto ships.  I wish they would have just stopped the testing of the vaccinated and continued to only let on a small percentage of unvaccinated.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I'm vaxed and boosted and excited to know that NCL dropped this--and hopefully Carnival and RCL will drop it soon as well.  This is about what we choose is best for us as individuals--not what someone else believes is best for everyone.  By mandating that one has to be vaxed to cruise you are telling half the world population we don't want you because the decision you made for yourself is wrong.  By opening it back up to everyone the decision as to whether or not a cruise is right for you and your belief system is put back on the passenger in doing what's best for them.  If I choose to take a 4th booster and wear a hazmat suit on my next cruise--it's my choice to do so.  If I choose to not boost again and lick the railing on Lido Deck during the sail away party--it's my choice to do so.  Well done NCL!  Well done...

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, skridge said:

It's unfortunate that they are allowing unvaccinated passengers onto ships.  I wish they would have just stopped the testing of the vaccinated and continued to only let on a small percentage of unvaccinated.

Why? It’s clear that the virus spreads regardless of status. And if you are vaccinated, why do you care if someone else isn’t? 

I get why the cruise lines started with the vaccine requirement. But it’s silly now. I had my vaccine almost year and a half ago. It’s meaningless at this point.

• Like 14

20 hours ago, cruisinbeachbum said:

I'd rather be vaccinated than have to test. It's becoming so much harder to find a test. Plus the test doesn't do a ton to prevent spreading since people are testing 3 days in advance then a lot of them are getting on a plane. 

Only way a test is 100 percent effective to stop spreading is if you did it and then quarantined but that's obviously not a plausible thing. As soon as you go out in public you could catch it/spread it, etc. 

I don't disagree with you.  The vx sure isn't preventing spread. It's all very ridiculous IMO at this point.  But testing can stop positive folks from getting on board.  Looking forward to the rest of the cruiselines to follow NCL's lead.  Good to see someone willing to put their neck out for the sake of the industry!