Clean and decent price hotel in FLL?

colesc15

We don't arrive to FLL until a little after 1am. Normally I'm all for nice hotels. Since we get there so late, I'm wanting something clean and not super expensive since it's such a short stay. Everything I'm seeing for my date (check in jan 13, out the 14th) is around $250 with taxes minus a few hotels, like a Ramada, that has poor reviews with bugs. 

Any recommendations for somewhere near the airport, clean, and not expensive for that one night? 

There are four hotels in Dania Beach on Federal Highway, just ten minutes south of FLL. They include the Hotel Dello and a Holiday Inn Express, They are also less than fifteen minutes away from Port Everglades.

16 hours ago, colesc15 said:

We don't arrive to FLL until a little after 1am. Normally I'm all for nice hotels. Since we get there so late, I'm wanting something clean and not super expensive since it's such a short stay. Everything I'm seeing for my date (check in jan 13, out the 14th) is around $250 with taxes minus a few hotels, like a Ramada, that has poor reviews with bugs. 

Any recommendations for somewhere near the airport, clean, and not expensive for that one night? 

All the ones I’ve stayed at are all $250 and up for those dates.  Insane prices.

Anyway, go to booking dot com and do a search of ft Lauderdale airport and their are a couple shown a little lower in the beach area, reviews very good to excellent. You would just need to Uber or Lyft to the hotel and to the port. 
Maybe a $12-15 uber fee each way.

Or, just stay at one near the airport that’s around $250 pick one, go to their website and see if it’s a better price, put in senior, AAA or whatever discount might work for you.  We got stuck over Spring break there and they all wanted $350 and up! 😜 

We’ve stayed at both Holiday Inn express Dania beach, Hyatt Place, Embassy Suites, Hotel Dello, Crowne Plaza, etc.

I’ll look again.

16 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Also, look at hotels dot com.  I see Cambria hotels at Ft Lauderdale airport South and cruiseport  w arpt shuttle,

excellent reviews, its just under 250 including taxes and fees. Tough date.

or 

Comfort Suites Airport South

reviews very good

includes bkfst and arpt shuttle

I ended up doing an express deal on priceline, with a coupon for $20 off, I got the Cambria for $172 all in which I'm good with. Last few trips we've stayed at the guitar hotel at hard rock but with that being a holiday weekend, I don't have any free room comps unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, colesc15 said:

I ended up doing an express deal on priceline, with a coupon for $20 off, I got the Cambria for $172 all in which I'm good with. Last few trips we've stayed at the guitar hotel at hard rock but with that being a holiday weekend, I don't have any free room comps unfortunately. 

Is that a non refundable rate?

I've stayed at the Ramada and had no issues.  It's a place to sleep, beds are fine, room was clean, just very dated, but mattress and A/C were fine.   Guess I'm not picky for 8 hours.    As for bugs, it's Florida.   So if I saw a bug or two I would not freak out.   I'm staying at the Ramada Wyndham FLL next Saturday night before cruise on the Allure.   Price was $80.00

• Like 1

We’ve stayed a couple of times at the Rodeway Inn & Suites Airport & Cruise Terminal and plan to stay there again in February.  Rooms were clean and comfortable, breakfast was included and it had an attached restaurant for other meals.  Also has a free shuttle to/from both the airport and cruise port.  

• Thanks 1

We have had great luck using Hotwire.  I just did a search using your dates.  I started w/ a filter of 4 stars or higher and found rates as low as $209.  When I broadened the search to 3 stars I saw rates as low as $140.  We are using Hotwire for our May cruise out of Galveston.