Encore schedule change

Tooncamp

Just received the email from NCL that Skagway stop has changed to Icy Straight Point instead. Hours are 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. We are not wanting to hike or zip line so not much else to do from what I have been reading. So bummed about this change. Sail date is September 4th

1 hour ago, Tooncamp said:

Just received the email from NCL that Skagway stop has changed to Icy Straight Point instead. Hours are 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. We are not wanting to hike or zip line so not much else to do from what I have been reading. So bummed about this change. Sail date is September 4th

We just cancelled two Royal cruises for late August and one of the main reasons was they dropped Icy Strait Point as we had  whale watching scheduled there with a company we had used before and they did a great job. We will try again next year or the following year.

1 hour ago, Tooncamp said:

Yeah. Skagway has had rock slide problems at the railway dock that the Encore uses. The ship can’t dock. Or they could tender and take hours to get passenger off and on the ship (they had to tender right after the most recent rock slide). 

14 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah. Skagway has had rock slide problems at the railway dock that the Encore uses. The ship can’t dock. Or they could tender and take hours to get passenger off and on the ship (they had to tender right after the most recent rock slide). 

Encore doesn't have tenders, I was on the last cruise and they had to borrow tenders from other ships.

It would have been a shame to miss Skagway as it was my favorite port of the cruise, we took a private tour into the Yukon and for once the weather cooperated and we had amazing views.

3 minutes ago, MarkNH said:

Encore doesn't have tenders,

According to the thread on the topic, she doesn't have tenders that are certified for use in US ports.  Doesn't mean there aren't lifeboats that can be used as tenders it's just that the USCG wouldn't allow them to (apparently even in an emergency situation).