Disembarkation in Amsterdam Time?

Lane412000

Our itinerary indicates 8am disembarkation, but is disembarkation in Amsterdam ever started before 8am?  I realize it is a broad question, but trying to coordinate transfer to the airport to check in and throw bags into the room, then catch a train to Zaandam to begin a tour.

If we disembark at 8am, I don't think we can make it in time, so seeking any information

Thanks

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Confused

Are you checking into  a hotel?

Hey, how have you been?

We are taking a transfer to AMS Airport.  We have booked a room for two nights beginning September 26th, even though we disembark September 27th. Doing this to make sure we can hurry and check in, then throw luggage into the room.

After placing luggage in the room, we want to catch a train at 8:53am for a direct ride to Zaandam. There is also a 9:23am train departure getting to Zaandam at 9:41am

Once in Zaandam, we want to book a tour to Zaanse Schans which departs at 10:00am. Even the 9:23am train that arrives at 9:41am would probably work as the tour departs from the hotel next to the train station.

Hope this is easier to understand why I want to disembark earlier than 8am.

First of all, where are you docking.  If you are on Marina, you will dock at Ijmuiden and that is not as close to the city or airport as the Amsterdam Cruise Port.  Any way you look at it, your timing is very close... maybe impossible.  Can you push everything back a couple hours?  

23 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

Hey, how have you been?

We are taking a transfer to AMS Airport.  We have booked a room for two nights beginning September 26th, even though we disembark September 27th. Doing this to make sure we can hurry and check in, then throw luggage into the room.

HMMM

well if you dock in Ijmuiden that is a different kettle of fish

maybe  stay over in Zaandam  then head to the airport on the 28th or what ever your flight date is

https://www.dezaanseschans.nl/en/plan-your-visit/accessibility/

We are doing well

Lyn

1 hour ago, Sny said:

First of all, where are you docking.  If you are on Marina, you will dock at Ijmuiden and that is not as close to the city or airport as the Amsterdam Cruise Port.  Any way you look at it, your timing is very close... maybe impossible.  Can you push everything back a couple hours?  

Have they changed the port Marina uses? When I was there in Sept of 19 and July of 18, Lyn, I believe you were on that cruise, we were right by the train station, took a bus out to Zan Schans, easy peasy. I think all 3 times I've been in Amsterdam we were at that terminal, although once was on Nautica. 

To the OP, are you sure you're not making this harder than it needs to be? Not sure I follow everything you're trying to do. 

Edited by ORV

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Have they changed the port Marina uses? When I was there in Sept of 19 and July of 18, Lyn, I believe you were on that cruise, we were right by the train station, took a bus out to Zan Schans, easy peasy. I think all 3 times I've been in Amsterdam we were at that terminal, although once was on Nautica. 

To the OP, are you sure you're not making this harder than it needs to be? Not sure I follow everything you're trying to do. 

Normally they dock at the port in town but sometimes the ships have to  use Ijmuiden

as is the case for the cruise Lane  is on

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/baltic-cruises/oslo-to-amsterdam-MNA220913/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2022-9%26ship%3DMNA%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

• Like 1

Thank you for all the ideas and suggestions.  I should have provided additional information:

We arrive to Amsterdam on Marina September 27th.  We selected to stay at the AMS Airport Sheraton as our flight on September 28th is an early morning flight.  We want to do three things while in Amsterdam on September 27th:

Vaandam

Zaanse Schans

Amsterdam dinner river cruise

So, the need to get to the airport on September 27th as early as possible to check in and drop off luggage. Then, get on train from AMS Airport to Vaandam and catch the 10am tour to Zaanse Schans. Return to Vaandam at 1pm and spend 3-4 hours before taking train back to AMS Airport and then after changing clothes head to the Amsterdam River Cruise by Uber or Taxi which departs at 7:15pm

After reading the suggestions, we will book a 2pm tour from Zaandam to Zaanse Schans. This way we will visit Zaandam before the tour and not have to rush from the airport.  After the tour we need to get back to the AMS Airport by train and then quick change before heading to the Amsterdam river cruise.  A full final day in Europe

36 minutes ago, Lane412000 said:

Thank you for all the ideas and suggestions.  I should have provided additional information:

We arrive to Amsterdam on Marina September 27th.  We selected to stay at the AMS Airport Sheraton as our flight on September 28th is an early morning flight.  We want to do three things while in Amsterdam on September 27th:

I would book a  taxi/transfer for the morning  just so it cuts down on the  stress of rushing to the hotel

I like Rome2rio.com for suggestions  on getting places

Hope  you have a great trip 

• Thanks 1

Amsterdam disembarkation times can vary from those posted.  It depends on the tides and the canal lock schedule.  Last cruise ( Windstar Star breeze)that I disembarked from in Amsterdam was late.  Scheduled for 6 am.  Got stuck in the line to go through the canal. Had to wait our turn.  Actually was able to get off ship after 9 am.  Fortunately, we were staying in Amsterdam. Many people missed planes.  Windstar was amazing. They helped people make alternate arrangements. Some people who missed flights stayed over at the hotel that were in.  Wonder if Oceania would help in that kind of situation.

Edited by Redtravel
Mistake
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1