Carnival Spirit to Alaska fastest embarking ever

tallnthensome

Embarked today on the Spirit today in Seattle with the wife and kids in tow. Even with all the vaccine, AriveCan, proof of testing mumbo jumbo we were literally on the ship in 20 minutes . I've been on plenty of cruises but I'm still amazed at how fast it was . Got there at 11:15 and never even sat down and didn't have any priority boarding.....  nice Carnival. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good to hear all oars are in action. I am on Spirit leaving to Miami via the ditch my great grandfather helped dig. I've never sailed out of Seattle and looking forward to it. This month we are going to AK on Miracle from San Francisco. Also a new port for us but I had two sainted uncles who lived there.

Good to hear.  We embarked on the Splendor a few weeks ago and it was fairly smooth, as well.  Except DH was using a scooter and we had a suite.  One person told us to wait in the priority boarding area, someone else intercepted us and told us to go to the ADA area, and then moved us again.  By this point, I was totally over it and probably made a face when told to move again (note that I didn't say anything, but sometimes my face speaks volumes).  The port worker got right in my face and agressively said "do we have a problem here?"  People really shouldn't do that to me, because I will be brutally honest and I told her exactly what the problem was (matter of factly, not agressively).  It put a damper on what was otherwise a great embarkation experience.

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Embarked today on the Spirit today in Seattle with the wife and kids in tow. Even with all the vaccine, AriveCan, proof of testing mumbo jumbo we were literally on the ship in 20 minutes . I've been on plenty of cruises but I'm still amazed at how fast it was . Got there at 11:15 and never even sat down and didn't have any priority boarding.....  nice Carnival. 

Thanks for the comments! We're sailing the Spirit later this month. Are you on a 6 night itinerary? Any info you care to share about the cruise (impressions or favorites or least-favorites or menus or fun-times, etc.) and ports (plans? shore ex? wandering?) would be gratefully read!

For us, it's first time on Spirit, 2nd Carnival cruise overall.

Best wishes, have a fantastic cruise!

1 hour ago, CruiseMGM said:

Thanks for the comments! We're sailing the Spirit later this month. Are you on a 6 night itinerary? Any info you care to share about the cruise (impressions or favorites or least-favorites or menus or fun-times, etc.) and ports (plans? shore ex? wandering?) would be gratefully read!

For us, it's first time on Spirit, 2nd Carnival cruise overall.

Best wishes, have a fantastic cruise!

We are on the 8 day itinerary with this morning being the first full day. Ship is clean and staff very friendly.  I don't think we are at max capacity. Main dining room menu today for elegant is lobster and prime rib. Bar service is pretty quick . Music show in theater was OK last night. Still early on yet . Music in the atrium bar, rum bar, and piano bar was typical  but nice. Seas relatively smooth .... will report more. Older crowd with few children .

• Thanks 2