Group dining together

thptrek

We are a group of 10 with 5 staterooms. We have all selected the 8pm Main Room dining and linked our reservations together. How can get one big table together for dining? Should we just contact the main dining room when we arrive on ship? We are sailing on Grandeur of the Seas

Edited by thptrek

I have done this in the past. I called ahead of the cruise to get make sure the request was on our reservations to dine together. Then on embarkation day, as soon as I boarded, I went to the maitre 'd and made sure that we were all seated together.It always helps to double check so that things can be fixed early rather than wait until dinnertime and find out that things are not the way you requested.

Email rcldining@rccl.com and ask that you all be seated together.  Give them your ship name, date of cruise, and your reservation number.  Let them know that your reservations are all linked.  We did this before our cruise in April to ask for a 4-top table.

You can also email rcldining@rccl.com to request prior to boarding. Just give them the reservation number for each party and request a table for the correct number of persons. In the past I have received a confirmation email with a table number and location in the MDR.

There is usually a big oblong table in the middle that can seat a large party.  However, with a table that large, it's VERY difficult to actually carry on a conversation with the entire group, because the people on one end can't hear the people at the other end.  (I was at a table of 13 for a wedding cruise once.)

Instead, I would recommend getting two adjacent tables, and let people sit at either table throughout the cruise.  You can split up into women and men, older and younger, night owls and early birds, or any configuration you want each night.  This makes it much easier for everyone to participate in a conversation, instead of people trying to scream from one end of a table to another, or people being left in a conversational desert if the person on each side of them is engaged in a different conversation in each direction.