Mask or no mask?

remydiva

1 hour ago, Ptroxx said:

No masks worn at all.  Home 6 days. No covid.    

enjoy your cruise. Discovery is an amazing ship. And the crew is awesome.  
Capt  stringer and cd Marcus are amazing.   Make sure to utilize the naturalist talks.  And be sure to turn your tv on while going down the Arm Mike gives great commentary.     

Thanks for the tips! Getting excited. I was barely able to zip my big suitcase. My hubby thought there was no way I would be able to . Ha Ha 

• Like 1

We were recently on the Ruby.  Masks were not required for passengers and about 10% of our fellow passengers were wearing them.  When we travel with others that are high risk or just around those that prefer that we wear masks, we will put one on, but if it's just us or if we are going right outside, we tend to leave the masks in the room.  As a courtesy, we will wear them to the theater and in elevators.  But, unless someone is coughing or sneezing a lot nearby, I really don't care what they choose to do.  Just please don't sit next to me if you are sick.  That's my only request.  

The crew had to wear masks the entire time while working.  They would pull them down briefly for photos.  I understand they've been told they may soon get a reprieve.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

I really feel for the crew on these ships. Imagine having to wear a mask, that is probably not even an N95 that may protect you a little, and have to work 10 to 12 hours a day 7 days a week under those conditions. At least, as a passenger, I can choose not to wear a mask if I wish. I actually wonder how the cruise lines get anyone to work for them. Most are third country nationals who have little to no other choice if their families want to eat. 😒

When we were on the Ruby last month, the crew all wore KN95s, which are as effective as N95s if they are trained to use them.  Most members of the general public are also not trained in the use of N95s either, so they may not be of any help to them either.

We'll be bringing our N-95 masks. We'll decide when to wear them. Most likely in crowded places. Being a transplant recipient, I don't need getting infected by clueless unvaccinated pax. Amazes me the line is allowing them to come on board.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, The Mikado said:

We don’t all have your amazingly high standards. 

Which is why there are people who find the need to execute increased precautions.  I couldn't believe the number of people who exhibited signs of viral infection coughing and sneezing in the elevators and other venues that were crowded.  The signs that were posted at the elevators recommended that no more than 6 people be in an elevator.  But then we do know that there are people who can't count to 6.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Which is why there are people who find the need to execute increased precautions.  I couldn't believe the number of people who exhibited signs of viral infection coughing and sneezing in the elevators and other venues that were crowded.  The signs that were posted at the elevators recommended that no more than 6 people be in an elevator.  But then we do know that there are people who can't count to 6.

Not one sign about only 6 people on my discovery cruise last week.   And we packed them.   Some had masks on some didn’t.  
No covid!   And these tinny elevators had limits of 22 people Lolol.  

1 minute ago, Ptroxx said:

Not one sign about only 6 people on my discovery cruise last week.   And we packed them.   Some had masks on some didn’t.  
No covid!   And these tinny elevators had limits of 22 people Lolol.  

We had them on the Ruby last month, but we also had to deal to a certain demographic where illiteracy may have been involved.  And don't be so sure, it can take a few days before symptoms can develop, and if they are mild symptoms, the individual may choose to just go about their ways and enjoy their cruise.  It doesn't really matter if others are infected.

• Like 1

Yes, and there are some, like us, who don’t give a fig about vaccinations or wearing masks. If you’re so terrified, or a transplant patient, or have some other “debilitating condition”, why don’t you stay home rather than force the rest of us to bow before you just so you can take that “risky” cruise?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

We had them on the Ruby last month, but we also had to deal to a certain demographic where illiteracy may have been involved.  And don't be so sure, it can take a few days before symptoms can develop, and if they are mild symptoms, the individual may choose to just go about their ways and enjoy their cruise.  It doesn't really matter if others are infected.

I’ve been testing since I’ve got home that’s how I know I’m good.   I just had it 3 months ago. Was nothing.    Not worried.   

39 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

Yes, and there are some, like us, who don’t give a fig about vaccinations or wearing masks. If you’re so terrified, or a transplant patient, or have some other “debilitating condition”, why don’t you stay home rather than force the rest of us to bow before you just so you can take that “risky” cruise?

I only hope that you never become ill because your lack of compassion is dreadful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2