Diabetic friendly Sugar Free Desserts update

Wennfred

Just know that some of the Sugar Free cakes are made with what they call Equal, the only Equal sweetener that I know of has chemicals, but I took a chance on this one and just had a small piece of the corner. I had to get this information from the Main Chef because the crew serving the cake don’t know.

Blood Sugar was 116 and. now 109 … seems like a winner so far.

Carnival usually uses Sucralose (Splenda) and that Spikes the hell out of me.

So it looks like they are finally reading end cruise surveys about this issue. Always ask to see what sweeteners they are using in their Sugar Free Cakes for Diabetics and people on a ketogenic lifestyle.

The picture below is their Raspberry Champagne Cake

Fred

F2934A03-6956-4F62-A426-9CC09A60FF66.jpeg

C7A9D252-B6E7-4135-BD30-260C0EEEE371.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you so much for that we are on the Horizon on 8/20 and that's a table i always admire😆

when we are on Ledo deck. I hope you Vay cay was enjoyable and btw 116 that's a great number I'm usually 120-130 and then will spike to 240-280 after a meal THANKS AGAIN!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChipFire said:

Thank you so much for that we are on the Horizon on 8/20 and that's a table i always admire😆

when we are on Ledo deck. I hope you Vay cay was enjoyable and btw 116 that's a great number I'm usually 120-130 and then will spike to 240-280 after a meal THANKS AGAIN!!!

Sucralose (Splenda) is what they usually use which spikes me to 190+ but today I checked it out and they both said Equal, I gave it a try and it worked, for a year I’ve been telling them to use Stevia or Monk Fruit as those come from plants and do not spike me.  Check my Spirit Roll call as I am posting my Ketogenic foods there Spirit August 10th 2022 which is this week.

Fred

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

No, I spoke to the actual Chef that make it.

Hopefully the Executive Chef will be able to share with you the return date of the petite filet mignon to the brunch menu. 😉 Thanks, Fred for the helpful sugar substitute information for the cakes. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have never had a problem with the NSA deserts, except for the taste.  Seems like they use the same sponge cake, flavored difference ways.  Not a big fan of Carnival's NSA.  Royal's NSA are much better and they also have some incredible cookies too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rondl1 said:

I have never had a problem with the NSA deserts, except for the taste.  Seems like they use the same sponge cake, flavored difference ways.  Not a big fan of Carnival's NSA.  Royal's NSA are much better and they also have some incredible cookies too.

Carnival has some very good low sugar mousse desserts in the buffet. But yes I agree their NSA and low sugar cakes are all not good, not worth eating. I usually eat the cheese plate (although I'm not on a low sugar diet I just prefer to not eat a lot of sugar).