Miracle- 5 day cruise with two days in Cabo

HB.Blake

I have always been told the ship will leave without you. 

So in theory, if a person(s) decided to stay in Cabo on first day, the second day at 7am when the ship returns for day two, you could get back on?  Was thinking if wife and I wanted to stay the night we leave everything onboard the ship we don't need and stay at a local hotel in Cabo.  Then get back on board the following morning when the ship returns at 7am

The 5 day Cabo day cruise on the Miracle, day three and four are both in Cabo.

Officially, not right now, I wanted to do the same thing a while back and just skipped the cruise and booked something else. It's been reported that they won't let you back on but I suspect these claims may be pure speculation. I've seen zero firsthand reports of anyone denied boarding the next day. I think if you called the ship and explained that you won't make it back before back on board, and that you will just get back on the next day, they'd let you, just a hunch though. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

Even when local laws don't preclude the option you are considering OP, be sure to take your passports and meds. with you for your overnight in town. Often the wind kicks up in Cabo preventing the ship from entering the harbor safely the next morning. This causes the second port day to cancel. You'll need your passport books, not card, to book a flight home from Cabo. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The other issue is that Cabo is a tender port. It is not unusual for Cabo to have to close their port due to rough seas - especially during hurricane season.

If the tenders aren't running, you will have to buy some very expensive one way tickets back to the cruise home port to get your luggage and then home on another flight. Definitely not worth it. If you want to spend time in Cabo (overnight), plan a land vacation there.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Someone always has to chime in with this ^^^^ doom and gloom worst case scenario literally every time this is brought up. 

Because it happens and people should be able to make informed decisions.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Someone always has to chime in with this ^^^^ doom and gloom worst case scenario literally every time this is brought up. 

It's a valid concern that shouldn't be dismissed.  Ship happens.

• Like 5