Personal metal or plastic collapsible water bottle

I know. I know. No plastic water bottles to bring on the ship or are on the ship. We are doing a cruise and land tour and drink water all day. Can we bring either a stainless steel empty water bottle or a collapsible plastic water bottle on the ship? Cans of water are fine if you drink it all at once and aren’t moving around. I’m thinking on excursions we carry water to sip from all the time. 

Does anyone have any ideas on this. We leave next Saturday for Alaska.

3 minutes ago, DesertCruiser2000 said:

I know. I know. No plastic water bottles to bring on the ship or are on the ship. We are doing a cruise and land tour and drink water all day. Can we bring either a stainless steel empty water bottle or a collapsible plastic water bottle on the ship? Cans of water are fine if you drink it all at once and aren’t moving around. I’m thinking on excursions we carry water to sip from all the time. 

Does anyone have any ideas on this. We leave next Saturday for Alaska.

Carnival allows the Yeti type and must be empty boarding.

Thanks for info and feedback.  I was figuring it was for less trash but they could say that.  Maybe even say it's okay to bring an empty reusable water bottle.   I get the smuggling in of liquor, too.  But a corkage fee for a bottle of wine that you have in your cabin and you open yourself is over the line.  I can see limits even, but when you can buy a bottle of wine they have listed for $50 in the store at $15 that's too much.

We have traveled on Viking river and ocean and they have limits but there were no fees at the time.  Maybe changed, but the stuff we had in our room was never charged for fees.

I guess I've never seen a can that has a screw lid so that is helpful.

1 hour ago, Dthomas1 said:

Yet they will deliver water in plastic bottles to a room. It's a $ thing I believe.

The only bottled water I have had on my recent cruises is canned, in glass or in the large bottle on the mini bar.  I don’t recall if that large bottle is plastic or glass,p.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The only bottled water I have had on my recent cruises is canned, in glass or in the large bottle on the mini bar.  I don’t recall if that large bottle is plastic or glass,p.

Water can be preordered on Carnival to be i your room. Plastic water bottles.

2 minutes ago, Dthomas1 said:

Don't know about HAL. Call customer service and ask.

3 minutes ago, Dthomas1 said:

Don't know about HAL. Call customer service and ask.

On HAL's website. 

1 bottle: US$4

6 bottles: US$24

12 bottles: US$48

This is the aluminum bottle that Celebrity has provided since the startup. I liked them, water seemed to me to stay colder. They do re-seal so you can take them on excursions. 

After reading here about the possibility of water in zip top cans, I found a 13 oz. insulated bottle to  bring along on my next HAL cruise in February. 

It's a nice size, not like some of those giant , all day mugs you sometimes see people carrying. The mouth is big enough to add ice cubes, if needed, but it's small enough to fit under the water faucet in the cabin to refill, if that's your preference. 

I found it of all places, in the back to school lunchbox section of a discount store. Now's the time to shop! 

So what if all that was left was one with glow in the dark dinosaurs on it. I'll stay hydrated and have a laugh at the same time. 

IMG_1806.jpg.54e0c15798ed471a3a64b87dcdb918ff.jpg

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Dthomas1 said:

On HAL's website. 

AFAIK, these are the only waters available to pre order on HAL.  There are no plastic bottles supplied onboard, only the large glass or cans (both screw top and pull ring).

38405202_Screenshot2022-08-14155503.thumb.jpg.b8fb1c3b551ad6e71ff2b267db262ef7.jpg

28 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

AFAIK, these are the only waters available to pre order on HAL.  There are no plastic bottles supplied onboard, only the large glass or cans (both screw top and pull ring).

38405202_Screenshot2022-08-14155503.thumb.jpg.b8fb1c3b551ad6e71ff2b267db262ef7.jpg

On Carnival 

XD9-NATURAL-SPRING-WATER-LARGE-8PK.webp

2 hours ago, Dthomas1 said:

On HAL's website. 

Those are the bottles I described above, aluminum cans or large bottles which I don’t recall if they are plastic or glass