Covid testing - Cruises visiting Greece

SVBing

If you are on the Oct 8 cruise leaving out of Greece on Regal Princess log into your account.  You will receive a notification about the testing updates and you must acknowledge before you can proceed to your cruise details.  Seems like no one wants to believe the email I received is correct.  I received the email on the 27th.  Website was last updated the 26th. 

Princess just updated the Athens embarkation requirements regarding precruise testing.

Voyages Departing from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Greece & Europe*

Updated: September 28, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type & 
When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Testing not required

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated are welcome to cruise.

Self-administered Antigen OR medically assisted Antigen or PCR within 3 days

Kids under 5 do not require pre-travel testing. Minimum age to sail is 6 months or 12 months based on cruise itinerary, review Passage Contract for details.

Please note that on September 26 Transport Canada announced that it is removing its COVID-19 requirements for cruise guests to enter the country effective for cruises October 1 and beyond. Visitors are also no longer required to upload their information into the ArriveCAN app. Thus, our protocols for cruises including Canada are now the same as the standard in the United States, United Kingdom & Europe (this excludes any Enhanced Guidelines Voyages).

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/

I got news last week that my Seabourn cruise from Greece has been changed to a "standard" Covid protocol, which means testing is no longer required if the cruiser is vaccinated

Standard Protocols

This specific booking and/or voyage follows our COVID-19 Standard Protocols for vaccination and testing requirements.

Vaccination Requirements

• We highly recommend all guests be up to date on their vaccination status.  Vaccinations, however, are not required.

Testing Requirements

• Fully vaccinated guests are not required to take a COVID-19 test prior to embarkation.
  • Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated guests 5 years of age and older are required to take a COVID test prior to embarkation
    • PCR COVID-19 test within 3 days before embarkation
    • Medically observed or self-administered at home COVID-19 antigen test within 3 days before embarkation.
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2022 at 1:23 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

MSC doesn't seem to have any special requirements for Greece, although for US pax, they still require Vax and tests for European cruises.  Not happy about that since they've updated 50 of their other countries' websites to allow all and no test if vaxed.

MSC has now relaxed their protocols effective 10/1, with no special requirements for Greece.  Vax - no test, no-vax has to test.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MVCruising said:

No change to NCL Greece requirements, even with today's update.   Vaccinated guest requirements below for Greece.

image.png.69978ac32ebd45555fd8e6f6867812fe.png

Here's hoping NCL is just a stickler for detail and is waiting for Oct 4th before they make the change to their website. 🤞

Norwegian Cruise Line today announced that it has updated its global health and safety protocols by removing all COVID-19 testing, masking and vaccination requirements effective Oct. 4, 2022.

Norwegian Cruise Line Drops COVID-19 Testing, Masking and More - Cruise Industry News

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, roquejo said:

Someone from another forum just posted this regarding Royal Caribbean's change in protocol.

I am sailing in 4 days and haven't receive anything yet..

image.thumb.png.fbd7f581f50b055976ed5c6459203b02.png

Thank-you so much for sharing this.  I really appreciate it!  Have a great cruise!

@roquejo thanks for the info!

For some reason they still haven't updated the requirement for sailings from Haifa, Israel.

Even though I got 2 emails - the one I posted earlier on the other forum stating they will update the site at 12:00 and a second one identical to the one you posted.

We are sailing on 23 October with  Silverseas.

Their website was updated on 10 October to say vaccinated passengers no longer needed a Covid test pre cruise, but they did not say if this applied world wide. I’m hoping  Greece is included in this.

Im thinking of checking out the Greek Embassy website. Will report back if I get a definitive answer!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kristal Blade said:

Well that was a bust. There was no up to date news about Covid testing, but I did find out that the residence of the Greek ambassador needs new curtains!

After thorough research during the Greece restrictive protocols for cruise passengers, there was never anything to be found.