Ensenada - Closed- Cartel Violence

HB.Blake

38 minutes ago, pinto18 said:

The message in Spanish read: “Be warned. As of Friday at 10 p.m. through Sunday at 3 a.m. we’re going to create mayhem so the (expletive) government frees our people. We’re the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, we don’t want to hurt good people but it’s best they don’t go outside, we’re going to attack anyone we see on the streets on these days.”

Just dont know about Mexico these days....lots of crime and violence. WE went to an all inclusive few years back....guards were patrolling the perimeter with Automatic weapons, and they had a jeep with a gun mounted on the back...just not a comfortable place.

4 hours ago, zentraveler said:

Sounds like you have considered this safe enough to do and have thought it worth the trouble, although I am not sure in this atmosphere I would do that since I am traveling alone.

Life is full of risks. The best one can expect in this situation is a happy ending 😉 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Anyone know if they docked at all, or just sailed off coast? Curious as sail Aug 22 on Radiance. 

CC is not letting me post screenshots, but the ship tracker at https://www.vesselfinder.com is showing Radiance is still enroute to dock at Ensenada at 6:30 local time Sunday morning, which would indicate it never made port since it's now 8:00 pm Sunday evening there.  Based on the actual path over almost the last 24 hours they stayed off the coast of Mexico and turned back north towards LA about 2:00 am Sunday morning and are slowly cruising back to LA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1