Camp Ocean Under 2

jjmsbu09

My wife and I are expecting a little girl due this September. We’re considering joining our extended family on the Mardi Gras in May, so she’ll be about 8 months. 

I see on Carnivals site that they offer child care services select hours for a hourly charge for infants. We don’t plan on needing it often but it may be nice to enjoy a night at Rudy’s or the Steakhouse just the two of us. Does anyone know the hours they offer and have any “reviews”? We’ve been on Mardi Gras a couple times now but this would be the first with a baby. 

Thank you in advance for any tips on cruising with little ones too 😁

Hours (time/activity may vary based on cruise itinerary)
Children under the age of 2 are welcome to join Camp Ocean programming and Night Owls during specific times. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries. Once on board, activity schedules for Camp Ocean are available via the HUB App as well as drop off times for children under 2. During some cruises, Camp Ocean capacity may be limited. 

Sea Days
  • There are limited times throughout the cruise for ‘Under 2' time. During these times, parents/guardians have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $7.50 USD per hour plus an 18% service charge, per child) – or - they can stay and use the camp facility at no charge. This time is designated for the use of 'Under 2’s' and parents/guardians only. Check on board for specific times offered. Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries.
Port Days
  • While in port, parents/guardians have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (fees apply: $7.50 USD per hour plus an 18% service charge, per child), however, we do not provide care during meal times for children 'Under 2'; parents/guardians must return from port at this time.

I'd run it by the Mrs., she, and probably yourself also, may change your mind once baby gets here. They are very fragile at 8 months and leaving your most treasured gift with a stranger during their most vulnerable stages may not even seem like an option come May. A world of change is coming your way. Congratulations to you and the Mrs!     

We considered sailing with our son when he was 8 months old, but check out the cost first.  He was going to sail at full fare.  Maybe you'll hit a deal, but personally,  I could not justify spending that much when the kid was still mostly nursing.  

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I'd run it by the Mrs., she, and probably yourself also, may change your mind once baby gets here. They are very fragile at 8 months and leaving your most treasured gift with a stranger during their most vulnerable stages may not even seem like an option come May. A world of change is coming your way. Congratulations to you and the Mrs!     

Maybe, I remember when our oldest was around that age we put her the daycare at a ski hill, I’m a terrible skier so even the odds of me eventually getting back to her were pretty slim. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Maybe, I remember when our oldest was around that age we put her the daycare at a ski hill, I’m a terrible skier so even the odds of me eventually getting back to her were pretty slim. 

Definitely want travel insurance for a trip like that lol. Sounds like upping the life insurance a few bucks for a higher coverage amount may be smart too. I certainly would if I went skiing 😆. We pretty much agreed to never leave the little ones with any strangers until they could talk well enough, that way they can point out who I would need to hunt down if anything unforgivable happened. 😁 

• Like 1

My parents stayed at my house and took care of my first born who was 6 months at the time while DH and I had 5 days in Hawaii.  Awesome trip!  If there is family you would trust, that's an option.  I have to say the first born was miffed with me for half a day when I returned.  Little stinker🥰She's now 22 and doesn't show signs of post trauma from the Hawaii trip experience.  Congrats on your upcoming baby.  Someone said it's like having your heart go walking around outside of your body 😊

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1