Purchase drink package after paid in full?

redcruzer

Hello I can't make up my mind about the drink package. If the cruise is paid in full and it's after the paid in full deadline, can i add the drink package after? if so, is there a cutoff when i cant?

Thank you

Edited by redcruzer
  • Like 1

If you want to upgrade to Princess Plus to include WiFi, gratuities and Beverage Package, yes you can do this after final payment. Call Princess or your TA to arrange it- this is a change to your fare. 

if you want to add just the Beverage package you can add that in your Cruise Personalizer. however, unless you are traveling solo the cost of the Plus beverage package separately may be more than upgrading your fare to Princess Plus.  

Contact Princess or your TA to confirm pricing so you can make the best decision. 

Depends what you mean by the drink package. Believe you can upgrade your fare to include either the Princess Plus package or the Princess Premier package by calling your T.A. or Princess. The plus upgrade is $50/day and the Premier package is $75/day. These packages include more than just the drink package. There probably is a cut off, so do this soon.

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

If you just wish to add a beverage package the cost is much higher $70/pp/day for the plus beverage package and $94/pp/day for the Premier beverage package. You can purchase these packages up to 3 days before sailing and on the first day, boarding day. These packages are advertised as not sold on board after the first day and if they are there is no prorating.

"

• The Plus Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted."
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, steimey said:

I just spoke with Princess and was told I could add the Princess Plus or Premier package up to 5 five days before sailing. I hope that is correct. I would like to confirm that with others.

We were able to do that upgrade, but it was way before 5 days.

On 8/15/2022 at 4:11 PM, PTMary said:

You can add the drink package anytime, even a few days into the cruise (they will prorate the cost for the days you actually have left).

That may not be the case any longer.  According to the Plus Beverage Package Terms & Conditions:

Package Details and Qualifications

• Age restrictions apply for purchases of the Plus Beverage Package.
  • The Plus Beverage Package is US $59.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $70.79 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australian-based vessels, the package is AUD $86.99 per day which includes a service charge. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.
  • The Plus Beverage Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / pro-rated packages or purchase for segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted.
  • The package may be pre-purchased at least four days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is offered on board on embarkation day, and is NOT sold after embarkation day.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within three days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT available for voyages under four nights.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased on board, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within three days of sailing.

It used to be that everyone in the cabin had to purchase the beverage package, but I didn't see that in the T&C. 

4 hours ago, steimey said:

I just spoke with Princess and was told I could add the Princess Plus or Premier package up to 5 five days before sailing. I hope that is correct. I would like to confirm that with others.

Correct. After that, you have to wait and purchase the beverage package aboard. The folios transfer from landside to the ship itself at that point and you can no longer purchase anything else in advance.