Room Assignment Keeps Changing on Website

ClefsDor

Has anyone else had their room assignment changed from one day to the next and then back again? We were allocated a stateroom and then I went on to My Cunard yesterday to check something and we had been allocated a new room which I was very happy with. Wish I had taken a screen shot as when I checked again today it had reverted back to the original room. Does this happen often? Is there a chance it will revert back again to the room allocation we preferred? TIA

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

What type of booking do you have?  Guarantee room?

It's not a guarantee room and we didn't opt for the no upgrade option either. My TA spoke to Cunard and the cabin we originally chose was upgraded by one category (not sure why). I saw this change and was aware of it as my TA had informed me but yesterday when I looked on line we were upgraded again by one category and then today it reverted back to the cabin my TA had told me about. Just seemed strange to have the room assignments keep changing.

only way to guarantee cabin is select booking and no upgrade. Then cabin may only change in exceptional circumstances.  Upgrades can often be not to your liking. 

There are some circumstances where you might tick upgrade where it will onlybe better.

E.g. very top Brittania (balcony  midships) and only upgrade is club. Brittania club and only upgrade is PG , PG 1 and only upgrade is QG

5 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

only way to guarantee cabin is select booking and no upgrade. Then cabin may only change in exceptional circumstances.  Upgrades can often be not to your liking. 

There are some circumstances where you might tick upgrade where it will onlybe better.

E.g. very top Brittania (balcony  midships) and only upgrade is club. Brittania club and only upgrade is PG , PG 1 and only upgrade is QG

and even in QG, if happy with your cabin position, it's best to opt out of an upgrade.

We were in a 3 and ticked an upgrade and then had to negotiate 'down' to a 2, which was what we hoped for.

Now we opt out as we book the 1 or 2, depending on itinerary [don't want aft in potentially lumpy seas],  apart from one booking where we're waitlisted for either.

Does wait listing [guess we'll have to pay for that if it happens] take precedence over an upgrade box ticked?

Which is why ticking upgrade in QG wasn't on my list of can only be better options. 

Even though we only book basic QG , we also tick no upgrade, as we book midships and never would go to front or aft , even for the best suite.

In fact coming back from Capetown next year , I was late in booking , I waited till after lunch as was busy at 10am when booking opened  , so no QG left only PG. (yes I know Victoria2 will tell me to get a good TA , but CC rules won't allow TA names to be shared ) Anyway ticked no upgrade to keep midship , we are wait listed for QG which will mean paying , but can reject it if its not midships again. Can't reject an upgrade if ticked.

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And imagine being upgraded to a balconyless Q3 on a QM2 Med. cruise.

News to me.

Not being interested in a QM2 cruise, I didn't realise some QGs don't have a balcony.  I wouldn't be at all happy, even in a depths of winter cruise as we like fresh air.