Parking Port of Miami

BuckGood

Terminal J is the closest parking and - surprise - the most expensive. I remember $25 per night for our last cruise.  We had tried one of the less expensive local lots previously and it was a big mistake.  Their shuttle was overbooked and we had to wait in their parking ramp (in the heat) for 25 minutes. Returning to their garage was a nightmare. Their shuttle never arrived and we had to take a cab.  

Before you park in Terminal J, you drop your bags at the dock with a porter. You then drive right across the street, park, and walk back across the street. There's cheaper parking elsewhere. But, as with many things in life, you get what you pay for.

• Like 2

We generally drive to Florida cruises [as the first leg on our snowbird escape] and prefer to stay the night before the cruise at a hotel near the airport.  We look for a Cruise package that includes parking for the length of the cruise.  We got a 15 nt package, but finding this on hotel websites is hit or miss so you may have to settle for 7 or 8 nts and then pay a reasonable daily rate for the extra.  [Tip:  the lot isn't gated and they apparently don't really check the date on the dashboard pass at the hotels mentioned below.]

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Miami Airport West, which is in an enclave with a shared parking lot with the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West and the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Airport.  In the future we would choose the Garden Inn as the best of this bunch [we are Hilton Gold]

To make the transfers go more smoothly, we didn't use the hotel's port shuttle – UberXL got us a nice bit SUV for all our luggage and took us directly to Terminal J.  At disembarkation another UberXL picked us up within minutes – the stop is right across the street from the Terminal J exit.  Easy Peasy.

17 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

We generally drive to Florida cruises [as the first leg on our snowbird escape] and prefer to stay the night before the cruise at a hotel near the airport.  We look for a Cruise package that includes parking for the length of the cruise.  We got a 15 nt package, but finding this on hotel websites is hit or miss so you may have to settle for 7 or 8 nts and then pay a reasonable daily rate for the extra.  [Tip:  the lot isn't gated and they apparently don't really check the date on the dashboard pass at the hotels mentioned below.]

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Miami Airport West, which is in an enclave with a shared parking lot with the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West and the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Airport.  In the future we would choose the Garden Inn as the best of this bunch [we are Hilton Gold]

To make the transfers go more smoothly, we didn't use the hotel's port shuttle – UberXL got us a nice bit SUV for all our luggage and took us directly to Terminal J.  At disembarkation another UberXL picked us up within minutes – the stop is right across the street from the Terminal J exit.  Easy Peasy.

Thanks for the information, I just checked their prices and it’s actually Cheaper to park at the cruise terminal.🤔

• Like 1

I live in Central FL.  When sailing out of POM, I use at Park N Go Ft Lauderdale then use SAS Transportation to take me the rest of the way to POM.  I've also used them when I dropped a rental at FLL to get to Miami for a non returning cruise to POM. 

They've always been convenient and affordably priced at $15pp.  Considering when I used Park N Go for less than $10pn while POM was $25pn, and I didn't have to navigate the Miami traffic on I95, it was a great alternative to get dropped at the terminal.  Plus I always get frequent parker points by using PnG for free nights.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

The first place I would look is airport parking or airport hotel and parking package at MIA or FLL. 
Recall seeing parking advertised at MIA at $4/night earlier this year.  Was quite upset at the $4 rate as I had just paid almost $500 to park at Heathrow for twelve nights. Believe I paid about $20 for Uber from MIA to POM last time I was there. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:42 PM, tgg said:

Terminal J is the closest parking and - surprise - the most expensive. I remember $25 per night for our last cruise.  We had tried one of the less expensive local lots previously and it was a big mistake.  Their shuttle was overbooked and we had to wait in their parking ramp (in the heat) for 25 minutes. Returning to their garage was a nightmare. Their shuttle never arrived and we had to take a cab.  

Before you park in Terminal J, you drop your bags at the dock with a porter. You then drive right across the street, park, and walk back across the street. There's cheaper parking elsewhere. But, as with many things in life, you get what you pay for.

Do you know if they do payment with SunPass like the airports do? 😬

50 minutes ago, BuckGood said:

Do you know if they do payment with SunPass like the airports do? 😬

Sorry, I don't know. Although we have a SunPass, we always charge it on a credit card. I know that we paid on the way in.

5 hours ago, tgg said:

Sorry, I don't know. Although we have a SunPass, we always charge it on a credit card. I know that we paid on the way in.

Oh, you pay on the way In? How does it know how long you will be parked?

2 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

At Miami airport from 12/22/22 thru 1/5/23 it is 

Duration: 14 days 0 hours 0 minutes
Long-Term Parking: $88

There are two main garages at MIA. The full day rate is $17 for covered on-site parking for a total of $238. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tgg said:

There are two main garages at MIA. The full day rate is $17 for covered on-site parking for a total of $238. 

I Googled this info, but I didn't get the location.  I see there are other facilities, like Safeway, that offer $8 pd.  No shuttle to Port of Miami.