Sam's Club in Cozumel

trafaelwyr

Yeah....probably not a topic you were expecting to see in the Cozumel thread and I'm not referring to some swanky beach resort.  Last time I was in Cozumel (2018) and was returning back from an excursion, we drove past a Sam's Club.  I was quite surprised to see one there because I thought Sam's was only in the U.S..  Has anyone ever ventured there?  I read on Trip Advisor that if you have a membership here in the U.S., it will work there.  I thought it would be an interesting side trip to check it out just for the heck of doing it.  Naturally, that's not set in stone, just something I'd been mulling over.  

Its back on Avenida 80/90 and transversal. Never had the need to go as we have never needed that much stuff and have found Mega or Chedraui adequate for groceries. But if you have a driver for a few hours and want to add on a visit you probably could. Some good local restaurants out on transversal and chocolate factory on the way to east coast bars and restaurants.

• Like 1

We winter in Playa and use the SC there. Your membership is valid internationally, including Mexico. However we’ve had instances where the cashier cannot verify our membership (sard will not scan properly). In those cases the cashier will use a generic card, or else you can just go to the customer service desk and they will give you a 24-hr pass. 

• 3 weeks later...