Covid test interval question

GypsyJedi

We are sailing from Boston on August 31. Since we need a Covid test within 3 days can we get one on the 29th before we leave for Boston?  I’ve sent an email to Celebrity asking for this information but haven’t gotten a reply. I hope this isn’t indicative of the service I can expect

3 minutes ago, GypsyJedi said:

We are sailing from Boston on August 31. Since we need a Covid test within 3 days can we get one on the 29th before we leave for Boston?  I’ve sent an email to Celebrity asking for this information but haven’t gotten a reply. I hope this isn’t indicative of the service I can expect

Welcome to CC. Yes. 

6 minutes ago, GypsyJedi said:

Trust me, a Celebrity cruiser 67 times, the service onboard is a thousand times better than the service on their website or phone lines these days!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GypsyJedi said:

Please search the forum as this has been asked and answered hundreds of times already.  You don't need to email anyone as the guidelines are on their website as well. Google as well ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GypsyJedi said:

I hope this isn’t indicative of the service I can expect

When did you send it?

Embarkation day is Day 0, so the 29th is Day 2---you're good.  I believe, however, since you're visiting Canada three days is not correct.  Also, you must submit ArriveCAN info prior to boarding.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jwlane said:

When did you send it?

Embarkation day is Day 0, so the 29th is Day 2---you're good.  I believe, however, since you're visiting Canada three days is not correct.  Also, you must submit ArriveCAN info prior to boarding.

That's what I thought and planning for our 21 September NE/Canada cruise.  Agree the 29th works for @GypsyJedi.  

47 minutes ago, jwlane said:

When did you send it?

Was checking the ArriveCAN site yesterday, and Yes, one must complete and submit the ArriveCAN document "within 72 hours" prior to arriving in Canada.  I was checking the site for covid pre-testing, and it shows for fully vaccinated (not including boosters), no pre-testing required.  But, please check the site yourself as it can be confusing; in other words don't trust my statements as fact, but read it and come to your own conclusion.

21 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

Was checking the ArriveCAN site yesterday, and Yes, one must complete and submit the ArriveCAN document "within 72 hours" prior to arriving in Canada.  I was checking the site for covid pre-testing, and it shows for fully vaccinated (not including boosters), no pre-testing required.  But, please check the site yourself as it can be confusing; in other words don't trust my statements as fact, but read it and come to your own conclusion.

I also have read that. But currently Celebrity still has the requirement for precruise covid testing. 👎

15 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Agreed, but am I blind or are the NE port requirements missing from their Healthy At Sea pages?

I haven't bothered to look on Celebrity's website. I figure the app is itinerary specific (21 September). On the app it says  "pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests must present a supervised, negative antigen test results for covid-19 taken within 2 days prior to sailing". Looks like Celebrity still has the requirement in place in order to board the ship in Boston. We are 30 days out and starting to get a little more concerned with the precruise testing requirement. 

Edited by davekathy

9 minutes ago, GypsyJedi said:

Thanks everyone. Now that I understand that sail day is 0 it all makes sense

You should cruise on over to the Roll Call forum here on CC and join the roll call for your cruise. A great place to ask specific questions concerning your cruise. 

1 minute ago, jwlane said:

Very true.  That said, some posters throw out " the guidelines are on their website as well. Google as well".  Maybe, maybe not.

Based on the current requirements stated on the app we plan on testing two days prior to our sail date using an online proctor at home on the 19th as we fly out on the morning of the 20th. We'll use our iHeatlth test kits (received 8 new ones this past Friday) and use Rapid Test and Trace.