USB multi charger for Coral Princess - Australia

As well as the usb in the cabin, I always take with me this Aldi power board the cord allows you to extend away from a power point if required, also has four extra usb outlets, two gpo outlet, and also has power point converters for all major outlets around the world.

It is acceptable to cruise companies, so can be taken anywhere you travel.

Adapter.gif.b3937e392a82f473ad3c2d92b553020b.gif

44 minutes ago, PossumMagic 13 said:

Man with the Medallion App looks like we’ll be needing to keep devices charged!!

Do you really need the app when on board? I know it makes embarkation a bit easier, although you can use paperwork for that as well.

I used the Patter while on board to work out what happening. The TV in the cabin will give you just about everything else, including room service (which you can also get over the cabin phone).

12 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Do you really need the app when on board? I know it makes embarkation a bit easier, although you can use paperwork for that as well.

I used the Patter while on board to work out what happening. The TV in the cabin will give you just about everything else, including room service (which you can also get over the cabin phone).

I had the app on my iPad / Android phone - usage ....  it was GOOD to find the drinks menu / whats in the drink and price . but that was all.

The app is just too slow for other usage.  

You can book restaurants on the TV or with your medallion at any of the large screens = I can't think of many other usages. 

40 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

We only used the Medallion for opening the door - it did it automatically as we approached. We didn't use the app for anything else and left our phone in the safe in the room.

2 hours ago, shireboi said:

there were two USB plugs on the desk - near the bed.  

Just leave them to charge overnight.

Agreed. That Aussie socket + 2 x USBs did all our charging  - 2 phones, smart watch & Ray Ban stories sunnies.  I also plugged in a pin adaptor to the US outlet, but it wasn't used.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Agreed. That Aussie socket + 2 x USBs did all our charging  - 2 phones, smart watch & Ray Ban stories sunnies.  I also plugged in a pin adaptor to the US outlet, but it wasn't used.

THANK YOU for answering my question rather than advice on the app 🙏. Was this a standard stateroom?

So you didn’t need a multi port charger for 2 of you ? 

2 hours ago, PossumMagic 13 said:

THANK YOU for answering my question rather than advice on the app 🙏. Was this a standard stateroom?

So you didn’t need a multi port charger for 2 of you ? 

No, we we didn't for two. 

We had a mini suite, but these USB outlets were added to each cabin when they were readying Coral for Australia.

You are on track though - charge cables are almost as important as passports now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

No, we we didn't for two. 

We had a mini suite, but these USB outlets were added to each cabin when they were readying Coral for Australia.

You are on track though - charge cables are almost as important as passports now.

A couple of people have commented that not all the cabins on the Coral have Aussie power sockets. What do you know about this? If this is really so, it's odd that the ship wasn't properly retro-fitted for the Australian market.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

A couple of people have commented that not all the cabins on the Coral have Aussie power sockets. What do you know about this? If this is really so, it's odd that the ship wasn't properly retro-fitted for the Australian market.

That would stink. I could understand if they didn't have the USB sockets, but each cabin should be required to have an Aussie outlet. I noticed our mini had no Euro outlets, yet others apparently have. I recall an earlier mention of someone getting a pin adapter from their steward as there wasn't an Aussie outlet, but haven't heard any more since. 

Edited by arxcards

17 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That would stink. I could understand if they didn't have the USB sockets, but each cabin should be required to have an Aussie outlet. I noticed our mini had no Euro outlets, yet others apparently have. I recall an earlier mention of someone getting a pin adapter from their steward as there wasn't an Aussie outlet, but haven't heard any more since. 

Usually the Euro outlets are changed to Aussie, a simple job as the Euro circuit is 220v. 

A few people reported not having the Aussie outlet on Coral's first couple of cruises here. That may have been rectified by now, it may have just been an oversight. I haven't seen anyone post about not having the Aussie outlet in the last month or so.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 2:30 PM, Ozwoody said:

As well as the usb in the cabin, I always take with me this Aldi power board the cord allows you to extend away from a power point if required, also has four extra usb outlets, two gpo outlet, and also has power point converters for all major outlets around the world.

It is acceptable to cruise companies, so can be taken anywhere you travel.

Adapter.gif.b3937e392a82f473ad3c2d92b553020b.gif

That's the one I use. Using it now in France. One good thing about it is that it never ends up on the naughty table like many others.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

That's the one I use. Using it now in France. One good thing about it is that it never ends up on the naughty table like many others.

Yes that's right, I ran it past Princess some years back, and they confirmed it was acceptable for cruising.

Aldi still bring them on sale from time to time.

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes that's right, I ran it past Princess some years back, and they confirmed it was acceptable for cruising.

Aldi still bring them on sale from time to time.

We've been using one for several years. I picked up a second one a few years ago as a spare in case my original one dies.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 1:57 PM, lyndarra said:

On 8/23/2022 at 1:57 PM, lyndarra said:

As well as the usb in the cabin, I always take with me this Aldi power board

Did you buy this in the Aldi supermarket or is that a brand name plz?
Someone told me once never to trust a steady ampage from hotel rooms USB ports (:cruise cabin) that can damage devices. 

Be warned. I am currently having an argument with Guest Services onboard Coral Princess about our Aldi adaptor which was taken off us by the Sydney OPT security people. They claim it didn't pass testing.  See the other adaptor thread.

That adaptor was considered perfectly OK to take on Coral Princess two months ago from Brisbane, and it has been on at least ten other cruises over four different cruise lines. Go figure!

Edited by OzKiwiJJ