Birthday Cake/Decorations

tdbates

We will be on the Sunshine on our twins' 13th birthday and I would like to order the cake(s), and perhaps the birthday decorations package, through Carnival and have them delivered to the room. Two questions! 1) I don't see where I can specify a date, so will the cakes/decor already be in our room upon boarding the ship? 2) do they give paper plates and utensils? If not, how do we go about actually eating the cake? 

Edited by tdbates

• tdbates changed the title to Birthday Cake/Decorations

1. The ordering process should ask you the day you want it set up. Your steward will take care of setting up the decorations typically.

2. A quick call to Room Service can get you as many plates and utensils as you require, if enough are not provided with the cake.

• Like 1

Bravo to you for thinking ahead.  

My friend’s husband ordered a 2-layer choc cake for us 4 women.  It was there when we arrived.  There were no plates, or forks, no knife or napkins delivered with it.  🤷‍♀️   And it wasn’t even covered at all.  🙄 We probably should have immediately eaten it by going to get all the utensils. Instead, it just sat there.  In an INTERIOR cabin with FOUR women, you can imagine how crammed it was.  

As I’m not used to having a cake on the ONLY flat surface in the cabin, later that night, I came in the somewhat dimly lit room and promptly set my purse in it. 😁

My advice is to make sure you have delivered all the things you need to eat it immediately. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peachestravels said:

Is there a special request for cake? I tried ordering decorations and only get offered cookies and a couple of banners for a birthday. 

Under the "Manage" tab, select "In-Room Gifts & Shopping", then select "Gifts and Stateroom Decor".  On the next screen, off to the left side, select "Cake and Decor".

We usually just run up to Lido and grab some extra utensils/plates/napkins to use for our cake.  You can place it in your fridge so it will keep longer, but you'll need a smaller plate than the one it is delivered on, as that one doesn't fit.  Enjoy the cake!  We love them!

40 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Under the "Manage" tab, select "In-Room Gifts & Shopping", then select "Gifts and Stateroom Decor".  On the next screen, off to the left side, select "Cake and Decor".

This is how you do it if you want to order the room decorations, however Cakes and other food item selections are not found here.  For cakes you have to be logged in and then on the main home page there is a "The Fun Shop - Celebrate on Board" tab.  This is where you have to order cakes and food items.  It doesn't work if you try to do it from inside your booking under the manage tabs there.

Used to be able to do it from inside your booking and they changed it and made it goofy a while back, and you have to do it from this home page link.

image.thumb.png.1a37f5d1d88c000305f706ebeb983a64.png

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wemjam said:

This is how you do it if you want to order the room decorations, however Cakes and other food item selections are not found here.  For cakes you have to be logged in and then on the main home page there is a "The Fun Shop" tab.  This is where you have to order cakes and food items.  It doesn't work if you try to do it from inside your booking under the manage tabs there.

The cakes are listed, included with decor packages exactly where I describe above.  Choice of 6 inch or 9 inch cake.  When I click "Add to Cart" from any of these packages (example: 

Happy Birthday Celebration Package - 9in Chocolate Cake $65.95),  It brings me to the "SELECT OPTIONS FOR THIS ITEM." page.  I can then click the recipient's name(s) from among the booked passengers in the cabin as well as choose chocolate or vanilla cake.  So you're saying that if I were actually to finish the purchase of this cake-included package as I have described the cake would not show up in my cabin?
Edited by ShakyBeef
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wemjam said:

This is how you do it if you want to order the room decorations, however Cakes and other food item selections are not found here.  For cakes you have to be logged in and then on the main home page there is a "The Fun Shop - Celebrate on Board" tab.  This is where you have to order cakes and food items.  It doesn't work if you try to do it from inside your booking under the manage tabs there.

Used to be able to do it from inside your booking and they changed it and made it goofy a while back, and you have to do it from this home page link.

(Quoting you again because you edited your post, so I now have a different question.)

I just went through the selection process several times exactly the way I described.  The cakes are listed with the decor packages where I said they are.  Does it maybe work from some (my) bookings for some reason but not others (yours)?

Funny thing I just noticed:  when "mock purchasing" a cake and decor package in the way I have described above, when I click the "vanilla" box for cake choice, the picture of the cake on the cabin table in the picture changes from brown to white, and back again to brown when I click "chocolate".  Cute little detail.😄

28 minutes ago, wemjam said:

Thank you for this info!  I was looking for it a couple of weeks ago, and couldn't find it under my booking.  Thought I had gone nuts!  (Which is entirely possible!)  It was easy before....so let's change it.  😡

16 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

(Quoting you again because you edited your post, so I now have a different question.)

I just went through the selection process several times exactly the way I described.  The cakes are listed with the decor packages where I said they are.  Does it maybe work from some (my) bookings for some reason but not others (yours)?

I think wemjam and I are both referring to if you only want to order a cake and not the decor to go with it.  The cake and decor packages are easily accessed under your booking.  At least that's what I'm seeing under the booking for our next cruise. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LHARTWICK said:

I think wemjam and I are both referring to if you only want to order a cake and not the decor to go with it.  The cake and decor packages are easily accessed under your booking.  At least that's what I'm seeing under the booking for our next cruise. 

Oh, OK, that makes sense.  I was pointing the way to cake and decor together because I thought the OP wanted both.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tdbates said:

We will be on the Sunshine on our twins' 13th birthday and I would like to order the cake(s)

1 hour ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Hi @tdbates

Keep in mind, you can also have the cake delivered to your table during dinner & the servers will sing happy birthday.

🎂Enjoy!🍰

🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈

Yes! I very much agree with this. We've had many cakes/special deserts delivered to our table over the decades of cruising. Very festive joyful heartwarming memories.

Unless of course the OP wishes a more private birthday for their twins 13th. Either way, just being onboard a cruise ship for such a special occasion is special in itself.

However, can you just imagine Two Cakes coming out at once, candles blazing, followed by a bunch of waiters/waitresses to sing happy birthday to a brand new pair of teenager twins turning 13.

🎶The entire dining room might sing🎶

Have a terrific voyage! Make new memories

🌴

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Thank you LHARTWICK, that is correct.  OP said cakes and perhaps decorations.  The directions that were given previously will only work if you want to order a package including decorations and cake.  I just wanted OP to know if they just wanted the cake, they had to go somewhere else.

Don't know why Carnival separated things like this, it is just goofy!

• Like 1