Ewr Taxi to Cape Liberty

14 hours ago, CanHardlyWait4NextYear said:

Anyone do this? Is there always taxi available at ewr to go to the port? Any idea of cost, etc? Thanks.

Uber/Lyft are about $30 from EWR to Cape Liberty. They are the better option-- NJ taxis are for the most part old and crummy. 

• 5 weeks later...

We are staying at the Hyatt House in New Jersey and will need to go to Cape Liberty.  Can anyone suggest the best way to get there and the most reasonable?  I called one company and they said they weren't licensed to take us there from the hotel.

I appreciate any information.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, 1349cruisers said:

We are staying at the Hyatt House in New Jersey and will need to go to Cape Liberty.  Can anyone suggest the best way to get there and the most reasonable?  I called one company and they said they weren't licensed to take us there from the hotel.

I appreciate any information.

Thank you!

I assume you mean the Hyatt House in Jersey City. There are several Hyatt House hotels in New Jersey.

I recommend Uber or Lyft . Or you can take a taxi.

• 3 weeks later...

WE have stayed at a hotel in Newark close to the airport  the night before and then took the shuttle back to the airport and arranged for van service by Celebrity.  I think it was around $50 for two.  It was easy to do and will do it again in May.  We decided not to use a taxi since we were not sure what the cost would be. We have never tried Uber.

6 hours ago, dazey said:

WE have stayed at a hotel in Newark close to the airport  the night before and then took the shuttle back to the airport and arranged for van service by Celebrity.  I think it was around $50 for two.  It was easy to do and will do it again in May.  We decided not to use a taxi since we were not sure what the cost would be. We have never tried Uber.

Another option to consider.  Thank you!

23 hours ago, dazey said:

Why not save time and money and take an Uber, it will cost the same or less and it’s only a 20 minute drive.

• Like 1

We are not good with our cell phone especially when traveling(basically use it only in case of an emergency or maybe changing a meeting time with someone) and also not sure how to set it up for Uber.  I know that is hard to believe for most everyone but we still manage.  We do take a taxi from FLL airport to hotel but all we have to do is hail one.  

Do appreciate your suggestion. 

10 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Why not save time and money and take an Uber, it will cost the same or less and it’s only a 20 minute drive.

And, the cruise line's shuttle -if there are two of you, will probably cost as much, or more, than Uber -- while making you wait until the bus is filled.  If you are lucky, you will be the last passengers to board the bus - and then zip off.  But, the odds are that you will wait a while until the last passengers do get on the bus. 

• Like 1

Our experience with the Celebrity shuttle in May at Newark airport went smoothly.  It was a van. Actually we were early and were able to get an earlier van. We were dropped off and our luggage went directly from the van so we did not have to handle it.  We tipped the driver but did not need to tip the porter.  The next time using the Celebrity shuttle service may be different.  I think the van opposed to a large bus going to the ship made the difference. We used the shuttle to go from ship to airport and that was a bus and it did take a while to stop at all the difference terminals.  Since we had plenty of time that day it was not an issue but need to keep that in mind.

We have an 11:30 AM flight in May next year back to home at the end of the cruise and will not use Celebrity shuttle.

20 hours ago, dazey said:

We are not good with our cell phone especially when traveling (basically use it only in case of an emergency or maybe changing a meeting time with someone) and also not sure how to set it up for Uber. I know that is hard to believe for most everyone but we still manage.

You're not alone. I have a cellular telephone (not smartphone), with minimal (75 minutes per month) prepaid service, used only as a backup to my regular landline, such as when traveling (and then never when out of the basic North American service area). Uber is too complicated to use, especially in the absence of a smartphone. On occasion my wife--who does have a smartphone addiction--will arrange an Uber service when we travel (most often within Bayonne between the train station and the cruise port), but that's it . . . I've never arranged for Uber service on my own.

On 10/17/2022 at 4:39 PM, dazey said:

We are not good with our cell phone especially when traveling(basically use it only in case of an emergency or maybe changing a meeting time with someone) and also not sure how to set it up for Uber.  I know that is hard to believe for most everyone but we still manage.  We do take a taxi from FLL airport to hotel but all we have to do is hail one.  

Do appreciate your suggestion. 

I’d call the hotel and ask if they could give you taxi information, I’m sure you could take one from the hotel to the cruise port. Back before Uber we’d call for a taxi to get to the airport.