Update to Vaccination and Testing for some Southampton sailings effective September 6th

Host Hattie

16 hours ago, sandjango said:

Thank you for your responses...I enquired because according to our Voyage Personaliser  a proof of a negative covid test will be required at the terminal...we are assuming the voyage personaliser hasn't been updated ...

It also depends on where you are sailing. If you've got a stop in Canada as part of the voyage - for instance, there's a weird one that departs Southampton, goes to Le Havre, then NYC, then up to Quebec City via Boston & Halifax, back to NYC, then back to Southampton - any part of that voyage, including just the TA from Soton to NYC (or even Soton to Le Havre), requires an observed negative test to board, as the voyage as a whole includes stops in Canada.

I have to say that I am a little bit confused about the situation.

We will do a TA on 7th October from New York via Southampton to Hamburg. The German Cunard site says: Test needed.

Reading the postings here I understand that no test is needed on that kind of cruise, because we will not stop in Canada (hope so...but...why not😂).

New York to Hamburg....To test or not to test, that´s the question.

Maybe Cunard are sending out emails in a rolling fashion with emails going to passengers on cruises in September first, and may then send out the same or similar mails to people on October cruises a bit later - and that may also be because they might want to wait in case they need to change policy once the new system has been in place a few weeks - so they will prefer to send definitive information that is less likely to be changed between the time of the email and the departure for any passenger receiving the mail.

2 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

I have to say that I am a little bit confused about the situation.

We will do a TA on 7th October from New York via Southampton to Hamburg. The German Cunard site says: Test needed.

Reading the postings here I understand that no test is needed on that kind of cruise, because we will not stop in Canada (hope so...but...why not😂).

New York to Hamburg....To test or not to test, that´s the question.

We are also on the October 7th sailing.  On Princess [also under the Carnival Corporation umbrella], trans-ocean sailings require monitored testing under this line's rules effective September 6.  Might be a similar situation with Cunard.