Transit visa for India

Edinburghgirl1

I can't see how you would be considered to be in transit. A transit visa is usually for air travel when you connect to a another country without leaving airside and not crossing the border. Have you emailed visa central who Azamara have a deal with in the UK? azamaracruises@visacentral.co.uk

I don't know when your cruise is but hopefully the ship will either be able to get a group marine visa/dispensation or the Indian and UK government patch it up and again start the e visa access.

21 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

As the UK is currently excluded from the  evisa scheme for travel.  to India does anyone know if a transit visa is acceptable? We have two stops in India ion our forthcoming cruise. We’ve made 3 attempts to contact Azamara to no avail! 

You'll need a full visa I'm sure. 

Phil 

• Like 3

On 8/25/2022 at 4:59 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

Don’t know for sure but I think it’s likely you’ll need a full tourist visa.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:21 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

You'll need a full visa I'm sure. 

Phil 

I beg to differ.

Every time we have cruised via India we have used the Transit Visa with no issue.

A business associate of mine, his father is the Honorary Indian Consul to NI (surname Rana) kept me in the loop years ago.

If you are travelling via India from departure point A, with final destination point B with no more than four days in India then a Transit visa is fine. Effectively you are in 'transit'. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, norn iron said:

I beg to differ.

Every time we have cruised via India we have used the Transit Visa with no issue.

A business associate of mine, his father is the Honorary Indian Consul to NI (surname Rana) kept me in the loop years ago.

If you are travelling via India from departure point A, with final destination point B with no more than four days in India then a Transit visa is fine. Effectively you are in 'transit'. 

When we travelled on Azamara everyone needed a full visa.  Several people had letters from the consulate saying otherwise, India’s immigration denied them entry!   At that time the visa were for one entry only but we were given an extra card that we carried and then turned in after the second port.   It’s good to hear that things may be getting easier.

Only time we went to India on a cruise we were disembarking there and had to have a full visa. Several passengers had to disembark at Dubai because they didn’t have them. This included a chap who had a business visa. He was told that because he was on a cruise his business visa couldn’t be used.