Vax date

mitz18

16 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the policy.

Actually, the policy has changed, effective August 24.  For new bookings, only Door to Door fare passengers will be assured of free on-board treatment and land-side quarantine arrangements.  See "Covid Policy" box on the website.  All of this only applies to cruises departing before March 31, 2023, unless the Covid Policy is changed or extended again.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dawntrdr said:

Actually, the policy has changed, effective August 24.  For new bookings, only Door to Door fare passengers will be assured of free on-board treatment and land-side quarantine arrangements.  See "Covid Policy" box on the website.  All of this only applies to cruises departing before March 31, 2023, unless the Covid Policy is changed or extended again.

Wow. Very interesting that they are tying this to Door to Door vs. Port to Port.  

1 hour ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

Wow. Very interesting that they are tying this to Door to Door vs. Port to Port.  

Indeed. 2 of my 3 bookings are D2D and include transfers from home. The next booking was made pre D2D and whilst isn't P2P as it includes flights and pre cruise hotel and transfers, is the classified as D2D. I suspect it does, but changes are clearly things that need to be watched.

The special accommodation for those Covid positive was bound to end sooner or later anyway but taking away yet another feature from those traveling P2P to make the D2D seem more enhanced is such a blatantly transparent marketing ploy.  I am more and more inclined to make my upcoming SS cruise my last with them.

Celebrity tried forcing this type of marketing change a while back, with a small carrot and a big stick (non-refundable deposits).  It didn't stick, and a recent Celebrity email is touting the 'return of Cruise-only fares.'  [They wouldn't need to return if you hadn't stupidly taken them away!]

So I wonder if Silversea's push to Door-to-Door is a new job assignment for the same misguided individual at RCCL.  Or maybe they are trying to push Silversea to become more like Regent.  [If I wanted to sail on Regent, I would have booked Regent...]

Anyway, let's hope this is that individual's final stop at RCCL before being shown the door.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

The special accommodation for those Covid positive was bound to end sooner or later anyway but taking away yet another feature from those traveling P2P to make the D2D seem more enhanced is such a blatantly transparent marketing ploy.  

It is troubling, because this makes the D2D vs. P2P more of a separation of passengers and services received based on the fare they paid.  One of the hallmarks of Silversea has been that all passengers were treated equally onboard regardless of the fare they paid or whether they chose the air add-on or provided their own transport to the port.  This starts to put a wedge in that by charging passengers for on-board COVID treatment because they preferred to make their own travel arrangements and belies the "port to port" positioning that all else is equal once on board.  It's a slippery slope.    

• Like 2