Health conscious options on board

robertmartha

Even on vacation I/we try to stick to somewhat of a routine - exercise wise and eating / drinking

I have seen some dailies posted that reflect a morning stretch class - are they a daily standard offering each morning throughout the fleet?

and a somewhat (hopefully not) odd question - have to assume smoothies of some sort of another but is kombucha available on board ? thinking at the "healthy" morning options they rolled out recently? I know it's an unusual offering/request and would be surprised if they did offer/have on board but thought I would ask.

thanks!

There was some form of yoga/Pilates almost everyday when we were on the Encore in May.  I didn’t see kombucha but there were fresh juices every morning at the patio and they also had customized options for juices, grain bowls and fresh yogurt.

4 hours ago, robertmartha said:

but is kombucha available on board ?

We’ve ordered kombucha ahead of time through Guest Services and they made sure we had enough for the voyage.  I don’t think it’s normally stocked. But it depends on where the ship is leaving from as to what they will provision; which makes sense.  If you have a specific brand you like and it’s available from where you are sailing, Seabourn will make it happen.

The more healthy breakfast options available at the Patio are a great addition.  They do a healthy grain bowl that is tasty and awesome, among other good choices.

Edited by johng75370

Thank you Asquare and Johng

Boarding for a med cruise in 43 days..so hoping the weather is pleasant enough to be able to sit outside (patio) in the morning and for some E&O dinners in the evening...

our second Seabourn sailing and we can't wait to be back on board

• Like 1

We live a very healthy lifestyle, we're very dedicated to working out, eating healthy foods and limiting alcohol intake ( 2 wines a day).  When we go on vacation it all goes out the window, pure debauchery (well for mid 60s not college type stuff).

Please enjoy your health conscious food we'll be the people with a burger, fries & a white wine at lunch.

To each their own.

• Like 6

I will never darken the door of a gym on a cruise ship, but would LOVE to have a "spa menu" entree in the MDR every evening.  And perhaps the same on the short menu in the Colonnade at lunch and even on the pool patio.  Years ago, Silversea offered this and I ordered it for every meal in their MDR and never felt deprived and the food was great.  I gain not a pound on that cruise.  I KNOW I could pick and choose among offerings (and often do) but having a designated "spa" offering would be elegant and easy.  

Edited by SLSD

Speaking of debauchery....20220816_181412.thumb.jpg.81148d72d6e54d8c12fa16d4a72ab956.jpg

Seriously though, it is possible to eat healthy on board. We try and keep it together for breakfast and lunch , get some exercise, and then indulge. 

Just ask when you board and put in a standing order for your favorite healthy thing.

Fyi, on the new Venture the 9th floor walk including the bow stairway curves is about 6 laps for a mile. Bonus if you do the stairs to the 10th floor.   My knees said no.😉

And yes, R&T a good time was had by all.

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Speaking of debauchery....20220816_181412.thumb.jpg.81148d72d6e54d8c12fa16d4a72ab956.jpg

Seriously though, it is possible to eat healthy on board. We try and keep it together for breakfast and lunch , get some exercise, and then indulge. 

Just ask when you board and put in a standing order for your favorite healthy thing.

Fyi, on the new Venture the 9th floor walk including the bow stairway curves is about 6 laps for a mile. Bonus if you do the stairs to the 10th floor.   My knees said no.😉

And yes, R&T a good time was had by all.

Nice.  Yes seriously our cruises thus far have been for < 2 weeks.  If we were on a longer cruise we would definitely want more health conscious offerings including quality salads.