How strict are embarkation times Southampton?

Eglesbrech

Can anyone who has departed recently from Southampton say how strictly the embarkation times are enforced. We will of course try to be as close as possible to our time but are we likely to be turned away if a bit early?

Also we are supposed to have a separate check in for YC. Can anyone give directions or will it be obvious where this is?

Many thanks

Just got off the Virtuosa today and was in YC. We turned up at 10am for check in for yc and straight through. If your not in yc they were already queuing outside at 10. We had to be out of our cabin at 7am this morning, when we got on Thursday just after 10 we were taken straight to the yc lounge barely had time to finish my drink and one of the butlers came over to say cabin was ready.

Edited by Cruiseforever11
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Just got off the Virtuosa today and was in YC. We turned up at 10am for check in for yc and straight through. If your not in yc they were already queuing outside at 10. We had to be out of our cabin at 7am this morning, when we got on Thursday just after 10 we were taken straight to the yc lounge barely had time to finish my drink and one of the butlers came over to say cabin was ready.

We have been given a late check (but as we just booked 2 days ago not at all surprising). That’s why I wondered about the strictness of timings. 

48 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have been given a late check (but as we just booked 2 days ago not at all surprising). That’s why I wondered about the strictness of timings. 

They never check the times to be honest. I have been on this ship 4 times and each time been given a different time. I travel down from Newcastle way normally on the day (very early!) And I check in when I get there. Never had an issue. 

• Thanks 1

I have booked abparking for Southampton, is it best to let them take your cases at the car park or shall I keep them and give to the checkin at the terminal?
Last time I went YC via Southampton I was on the train but remember them taking our suitcases at checkin and they brought them straight to our room.
We arrived about 11.30 and was allowed straight on.
If I let the cases go at the car park they could be hours before they arrive I guess?

2 hours ago, Dickuk said:

I have booked abparking for Southampton, is it best to let them take your cases at the car park or shall I keep them and give to the checkin at the terminal?
Last time I went YC via Southampton I was on the train but remember them taking our suitcases at checkin and they brought them straight to our room.
We arrived about 11.30 and was allowed straight on.
If I let the cases go at the car park they could be hours before they arrive I guess?

Take your cases to the YC tent outside the terminal very easy to spot as you cross the zebra crossing as they wrap (well they did mine on Thursday) yc sticker for the baggage handlers to know your luggage is in YC. 

• Thanks 2