Beyond - Presidents Cruise - 5th Sept 2022

Stu UK

Hi. We are on the Presidents Cruise next week. Realise that its likely to be sold out and fingers crossed they have enough staff to cope. I would be surprised if they don’t bring staff in from other ships to make everything run smoothly with LL-P being onboard. 

Apart from being able to book some special excursions with her, are there any other benefits / surprises on a Presidents Cruise?

We are on this cruise as well.

Have you been receiving the update emails from Celebrity?  I have received several over the last month in which they state there are many surprises that will occur during this cruise. What that actually means, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Well, I heard that 68 Wait staff left Silhouette just one week ago ( they were not replaced, unless more joined the ship in Southampton on Thursday).

I assumed that they had finished their contract, but now I am wondering.😱

2 hours ago, verizon said:

Yes the surprise that I get so far is the prices on this sailing.

Why the prices are so high.

We were lucky. Booked the cruise last year prior to it becoming the CEO cruise so got The Retreat at a fraction of recent prices. 

• Like 1

One of the potential surprises:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/30/23329610/royal-caribbean-spacex-starlink-cruise-ships-celebrity-silversea

From the article:

"Royal Caribbean, the cruise company that also operates Celebrity Cruises and Silversea Cruises, has announced that it’ll be outfitting its fleet of ships with SpaceX’s Starlink internet service (via TechCrunch). The company says the service will make the internet experience while at sea faster and more reliable.

Royal Caribbean seems to be moving full steam ahead with deploying Starlink — it trialed the service on one of its ships over the summer, and will be officially launching it on September 5th, starting with a ship called the Celebrity Beyond. The company expects to have the service fully deployed across its fleet by the first quarter of 2023."