covid 19 testing when you do b2b2b2 and change ships a couple of times.

Hflors

I am thinking about doing multiple cruises several on the same ship but a few I would change ships (get off one ship and board the next one the same day) also I will be on the same cruise line.  Can I get a covid 19 test onboard / would I need a test for each cruise?  I would be taking 9 cruises and changing ships 4 times.  Has anyone done this since covid 19 started?

It is a complicated issue with the rules (regarding testing) changing almost every day.  Whether you need to be tested will depend on the cruise line and the ports!  You will want to keep up with the various policy changes as you near your cruise date.   If testing requirements allow for the use of an antigen test you can purchase proctored tests which can be done as long as you have a decent Internet connection (such as when a ship is in a port and you can connect with land-based Internet).

Hank

First of all, the term B2B is important. HAL dropped the testing requirements for B2B back in April. But you are doing a combo of B2Bs and side to sides (S2S). The S2S could easily require a test. Would HAL help you with a S2S? Yes, it has in most cases.

Some testing protocols are easing or going away shortly. But, as of now, if your cruise touches Canada or Greece, or Panama, there are still testing requirements.

4 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Some testing protocols are easing or going away shortly. But, as of now, if your cruise touches Canada or Greece, or Panama, there are still testing requirements.

As well as trans-oceanic cruises (like Transatlantics) and cruises over 16 days if I understand the latest protocols correctly.

• Like 2

Just received confirmation from Canada regarding covid testing (as shown below), however HAL has not updated their protocols for Alaska and our HAL travel agent said today that testing is still required, even though Canada says it's not necessary.  It's all very confusing and seems not everyone is on the same page.  I asked the TA why HAL still required the test and she had no idea.  If anyone knows anything, I'm sure I'm not the only one concerned about trying to fit in a test before embarkation.

image.thumb.png.3a97d431c82c4bc5f905ab240dc0779a.png

Yes, I agree, oh so confusing!!!  We went around and around a couple weeks ago about which online proctoring services for covid tests are accepted....all on another thread!!

As per information given on the other thread, @NVRae has misunderstood the info he/she posted above.  That posting above refers to arriving by water, which in this case means ferry, cargo ship or personal pleasure crafts.  Arriving or leaving by Cruise Ship still requires a Covid test pre boarding.     

See posts #5-6-7 on the other thread below:

Edited by oakridger