Iphone on Harmony

I trried a search on this and got the phone book so I decided to post

Going on the Harmony of the Seas and not sure of the proper settings

I will not be getting the internet plan, will use the RC App, would still like to be able to send & recieve calls, I use ATT

Thanks

20 minutes ago, QuickieGlenn said:

I trried a search on this and got the phone book so I decided to post

Going on the Harmony of the Seas and not sure of the proper settings

I will not be getting the internet plan, will use the RC App, would still like to be able to send & recieve calls, I use ATT

Thanks

The Royal app will not allow you to send and receive texts or calls from home. It is for onboard purposes only. 

we also have AT&T and purchase the WiFi pkg.  you can then put your phone on airplane mode (VERY important), turn on WiFi calling and we can then use our phone to text and call just like we were at home….

Edited by GTO-Girl

You will not be able to use your phone for calling, unless you buy internet and setup wifi calling in advance.  AT&T will shut off your phone if you exceed maximum charge limit for satellite phone charges (speaking from personal experience for turning off cellular, but not realizing I was hitting satellites).  Fortunately, in my case I had an international plan through my work I didn't even know about, so my $900 bill turned into $9, but I couldn't get my phone reactivated until I got home.  Now we make sure everyone is in airplane mode!  

6 hours ago, Cutigerlady said:

You will not be able to use your phone for calling, unless you buy internet and setup wifi calling in advance.  AT&T will shut off your phone if you exceed maximum charge limit for satellite phone charges (speaking from personal experience for turning off cellular, but not realizing I was hitting satellites).  Fortunately, in my case I had an international plan through my work I didn't even know about, so my $900 bill turned into $9, but I couldn't get my phone reactivated until I got home.  Now we make sure everyone is in airplane mode!  

Thanks, I guess I will put it in airplane mode and wait to call when I get to St Thomas

When you board, put your phone in Airplane mode.  Then connect to the Wifi, and you'll choose the one that says something like "Guest Free" or "Free App" or something like that.  I forget what it's called exactly, but it's very evident which one is for app-use only, which one is for employees, and which one is for people purchasing actual internet/Voom.  

11 hours ago, Motor City said:

does this also work for Verizon iPhone?

I don’t want internet, just would like to send/receive an occasional text from family back home 

The only way to send/receive texts back home is to buy the internet package.  Or wait until you're in a port, and find a place with WiFi.