24 days on the Nieuw Statendam. Outstanding ports, great dining room service, the rest?

StartrainDD

40 minutes ago, ew101 said:

Is there a dance floor in the Ocean Bar?  

The Ocean Bar is a strange design.  It is long and narrow.  The band is at one end, the bar at the other.  Half-way down there is a wall that closes off about 75% of the width.  I do not recall any kind of dance floor.

Also, the Ocean Bar band only plays on some days.  If they are playing as musicians for a World Stage show that evening, they don't play.  Believe they also get other 'days off.'  Just my opinion but what we heard in the Ocean Bar was not really dance music.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

And yet on this cruise (and others) masks ARE clearly being required indoors. I am pretty certain this is at the captain's discretion when COVID numbers exceed a certain point onboard.  And it is a measure that I'd hope they would take, among others, if numbers are high, to curb the spread.

And to quote you, if that is a deal breaker for some cruisers, the sensible alternative at this time is to simply not cruise. Not to keep food and drink at hand always to avoid compliance with a simple mandate.

Agree with you, completely.  But, I remain confused.  The fact that masks are "clearly being required indoors" makes me wonder why the unvaccinated will soon be cruising with HAL.  It just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StartrainDD said:

Folks were dancing in BB Kings and sometimes at Rolling Stone.  There is not really a 'dance floor' at Billboard but at times a few folks found some space between tables.

From January to February this years masks were "Mandated" and the website clearly said so.  We did not cruise.  The mandate was lifted in early March with much public fanfare (similar to the current lifting of Vacc requirements).  "Recommended" is exactly what wdw1972 said above.

All the best!

No, sorry it doesn't.  Just because you agree with it doesn't make it so.  We both know exactly what it means.  I noticed you skipped over cruisemom42 reply because it doesn't support your narrative but speaks the truth.  Thank you for taking the time for your review.

• Like 2

Asking the Inside Cabin poster -
Not wanting to hijack this thread but can you remember how many Gala Nights on your 35 day Hawaii/Tahiti cruise & a vague idea when they were?   TIA.

Edited by 57redbird
specific poster ?