Onward veranda furniture

Xcelsior

Could someone who has sailed on the Onward in a Club Veranda please provide some feedback on the table and chairs on these verandas?  They don't look nearly as nice, comfortable or functional as the furniture on the other ships....and the table looks like it would be difficult to get your knees under to have a meal if it is positioned lengthwise on the balcony.  If you turn it the other way it probably isn't wide enough for 2 people to sit across from each other while dining.  Are these temporary...or are they the real thing?

42 minutes ago, RW75 said:

Aren’t the tables predating the acquisition from Princess?

They might be. They were in place when we got on board for the Inaugural. The chairs arrived a few days afterward. I believe the chairs were a last minute substitution for the ones originally ordered, and may be replaced in the future. Our view was that they were infinitely better than no chairs!

• Like 2

It looks to me like the table is too narrow though when placed lengthwise on the veranda for the arms of those chairs to slide under so you can pull it up comfortably to eat.  Am I wrong?

Edited by Xcelsior

8 minutes ago, Xcelsior said:

It looks to me like the table is too narrow though when placed lengthwise on the veranda for the arms of those chairs to slide under so you can pull it up comfortably to eat.  Am I wrong?

Someone onboard hopefully will test this for you. The chairs are not tremendously deep, though, so even if the arms butt up against the table, you won’t be miles away.

We just got off Pursuit a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that the chairs at the Patio Grill do not fit under the tables there. They are fairly deep, but it’s not really a problem.

5 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Someone onboard hopefully will test this for you. The chairs are not tremendously deep, though, so even if the arms butt up against the table, you won’t be miles away.

We just got off Pursuit a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed that the chairs at the Patio Grill do not fit under the tables there. They are fairly deep, but it’s not really a problem.

I guess that's true.  They just look so dang cheap in comparison to the other ships.  I really like those - much prefer having the higher table and something I can eat at instead of the lounge type chairs with a low table.  It makes the veranda more functional and I spend much more time out there as a result.

The tables are not particularly low. When we were still awaiting the arrival of chairs, I sat on the table a couple of times. My feet were off the floor when I was sitting on the table. And the table didn’t creak, groan, or collapse, so that’s reassuring! 😁

Just now, lisiamc said:

The tables are not particularly low. When we were still awaiting the arrival of chairs, I sat on the table a couple of times. My feet were off the floor when I was sitting on the table. And the table didn’t creak, groan, or collapse, so that’s reassuring! 😁

I meant the lower tables that other lines like Celebrity have, this one looks high enough...just cheap.