B2B w/ Canada Being Second Cruise

KATHYMAC68

Has anyone recently been on a b2b with Canada the second leg?

I need to know if RCI is doing the Covid tests onboard or is it something I have to get done on my own?

My first leg is Bermuda so I will test at home. Now since Royal doesn’t need testing, will they still do it for a b2b to Canada?

ANXIETY!!!!!!

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

If an additional test is needed when you are on a B2B, RCCL will administer.   (You are B2B, not two different ships, right?)

For other Caribbean/Bahamas destinations, RCCL stopped B2B testing in late April.  

No need for any anxiety.  

Yes B2B on the Adventure in October. Couldn’t get the same room, but I got it 2 doors down. So not far for them to transfer our luggage.

Thank you for that info! There’s so much to think about now. Bermuda authorization, ArriveCan, Royal Check In for both cruises…

At least that’s one thing off my worry list…  😃

While Royal stopped testing for B2B, Canada has not yet stopped testing requirements.  Your second leg involves Canada so it will require a test unless something changes.  

The good news is that so far Royal has been pretty about scenarios when testing isn't required for most but will be for a few in special situations similar to yours.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Couldn’t get the same room, but I got it 2 doors down. So not far for them to transfer our luggage.

Recommendation:  Ask your room attendant if you can move your luggage and hanging items yourself before going to your B2B meeting on turn around day.  (Just put it in the closet so it's out of the way.)  

Also, ask your room attendant if you can get into your new room before the general "rooms are open" announcement.  They will probably be willing to make up your room first, so you can get in and start unpacking earlier... just ask them what would be an acceptable time.  

And if you have any door decorations, keep them in the closet of your new room until you get back in to unpack -- they'll strip everything off the doors on TAD unless you're a same-room B2Ber.

• Like 1

also concerned we are b2b seattle vancouver haonolulu sydney  cant get any answesr as to whopays for on board testing on second and third leg  and what happens if positive on first second or third leg and what royal then pay for  also unclear as to what happens if negative before third leg            but positive on board 3rd leg before arrival in Sydney ?????  considering cancellening first 2 legs under cwc but cannot do same with third leg honolulu sydney.

19 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Recommendation:  Ask your room attendant if you can move your luggage and hanging items yourself before going to your B2B meeting on turn around day.  (Just put it in the closet so it's out of the way.)  

Also, ask your room attendant if you can get into your new room before the general "rooms are open" announcement.  They will probably be willing to make up your room first, so you can get in and start unpacking earlier... just ask them what would be an acceptable time.  

And if you have any door decorations, keep them in the closet of your new room until you get back in to unpack -- they'll strip everything off the doors on TAD unless you're a same-room B2Ber.

Thank you for those tips! I will ask him if we can do that. It will make things much easier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allwyn said:

also concerned we are b2b seattle vancouver haonolulu sydney  cant get any answesr as to whopays for on board testing on second and third leg  and what happens if positive on first second or third leg and what royal then pay for  also unclear as to what happens if negative before third leg            but positive on board 3rd leg before arrival in Sydney ?????  considering cancellening first 2 legs under cwc but cannot do same with third leg honolulu sydney.

That’s the problem right now. Even the reps from Royal don’t know the proper protocols. I don’t believe they will charge for the test. 
If we should happen to test positive, Im sure we won’t be allowed to board the second leg. But for us it’s in Cape Liberty so it’s only a 15 minute ride home. But I’m 🤞that this won’t happen.

So I will just mask up indoors on the first leg. I’ll take it off while we’re seated in the mdr. 

• 2 weeks later...

@KATHYMAC68, Somehow I was looking at RCCL dates and thinking your cruises started late August and would be over now. But they are not until October? My first leg to Bermuda is September 30, then October 6 to Canada/NE. I was hoping to get input from someone who had done this already, as I am letting myself get very, very stressed out over the testing. What rotten luck I picked the two destinations that involved testing! One must follow the country's protocols if they are more stringent than the cruise lines. I was really hoping Canada would drop this requirement, as the ArriveCAN is also really hurting tourism. When Jerry and I were on Enchantment in March, other cruisers said they tested the B2B cruisers gratis. Like you, I got the second room a few doors down from the first cruise's room.

Edited by joyandjerry
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

@KATHYMAC68, Somehow I was looking at RCCL dates and thinking your cruises started late August and would be over now. But they are not until October? My first leg to Bermuda is September 30, then October 6 to Canada/NE. I was hoping to get input from someone who had done this already, as I am letting myself get very, very stressed out over the testing. What rotten luck I picked the two destinations that involved testing! One must follow the country's protocols if they are more stringent than the cruise lines. I was really hoping Canada would drop this requirement, as the ArriveCAN is also really hurting tourism. When Jerry and I were on Enchantment in March, other cruisers said they tested the B2B cruisers gratis. Like you, I got the second room a few doors down from the first cruise's room.

I found out from Royal that they will test us for the second leg to Canada.

I also screen shot it just in case. Lol 

I will be doing my Bermuda TA this week. And I think I will make the appt with Rapid Test and Trace for the proctored test. They have better reviews than Onpoint. 
Its just so much to remember between the RC check in stuff and the health questions the day before. And then the TA for Bermuda, the ArriveCan for Canada. The testing for both. And everything is done at different times.

I should have researched the requirements before I booked. I think I would have changed ports.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

I found out from Royal that they will test us for the second leg to Canada.

I also screen shot it just in case. Lol 

I will be doing my Bermuda TA this week. And I think I will make the appt with Rapid Test and Trace for the proctored test. They have better reviews than Onpoint. 
Its just so much to remember between the RC check in stuff and the health questions the day before. And then the TA for Bermuda, the ArriveCan for Canada. The testing for both. And everything is done at different times.

I should have researched the requirements before I booked. I think I would have changed ports.

Kathy, I am getting quite anxious about all of this, likely blowing it out of proportion. What is the date of your first cruise? We are ordering eMed tests, as we have done it twice before this year. If there is a glitch with the online testing, we have a nearby lab, albeit at a higher cost.

It just seems like such rotten luck we are going the two places that require testing! The protocols change so much that one cannot not know that when they book. E.g., I booked the Canada/NE one well over a year ago. When RCCL dropped testing for B2B cruisers (a while back), I didn't realize Canada was singling out cruise ship passengers, as I read that they had dropped testing to enter. Also didn't realize ArriveCAN applied to us originally. It is easy to create an account and save your info for later.

When I returned from Bermuda in early June, the cruise leaving 30 September had dropped very low in price possibly b/c of the TA hassle. So I booked that as they are staying longer than the first cruise, getting two overnights and leaving in the PM the third day. Future cruise may have you get there midday and then leave midday the next day. Tough as everything closes at 5! Wanted to see St. Georges, but now the ferry is not operational due to dock repairs for the season. Seeing on other places (Shipmate app) pax clueless about Bermuda testing, as they thought cruise lines are not requiring it, and it may be their first cruise since the restart.

My concern is testing for the second leg. We will just have to mask up everywhere, even the gym. The ships are at capacity now and pax are serving themselves in the WJ. When we went in March, it was 65% capacity and staff served. On Carnival in May, we were at 80% (?) and I got some symptoms on the way home. I don't sleep well at the best of times, and the Bermuda TA thing was really screwed up at the time and I was really run down. DId not test positive till four days later, and Jerry in six, so he caught it from me at home. Concerned b/c I am seeing on other sites (Shipmate app) pax saying they took precautions and got it anyway. I really don't want to be paranoid the whole first leg. Amazing the grocery workers, etc. here and just about all do not wear masks and are in contact with hundreds of peeps daily. Of course, if they are not being tested, they may be positive.

We are also doing a b2b in October on Adventure with our first leg on October 8th to Bermuda. We’ve done our TA for the Bermuda cruise, but haven’t done arriveCan totally.  So much prep for these cruises due to Bermuda and Canada requirements. Ugh.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

Kathy, I am getting quite anxious about all of this, likely blowing it out of proportion. What is the date of your first cruise? We are ordering eMed tests, as we have done it twice before this year. If there is a glitch with the online testing, we have a nearby lab, albeit at a higher cost.

It just seems like such rotten luck we are going the two places that require testing! The protocols change so much that one cannot not know that when they book. E.g., I booked the Canada/NE one well over a year ago. When RCCL dropped testing for B2B cruisers (a while back), I didn't realize Canada was singling out cruise ship passengers, as I read that they had dropped testing to enter. Also didn't realize ArriveCAN applied to us originally. It is easy to create an account and save your info for later.

When I returned from Bermuda in early June, the cruise leaving 30 September had dropped very low in price possibly b/c of the TA hassle. So I booked that as they are staying longer than the first cruise, getting two overnights and leaving in the PM the third day. Future cruise may have you get there midday and then leave midday the next day. Tough as everything closes at 5! Wanted to see St. Georges, but now the ferry is not operational due to dock repairs for the season. Seeing on other places (Shipmate app) pax clueless about Bermuda testing, as they thought cruise lines are not requiring it, and it may be their first cruise since the restart.

My concern is testing for the second leg. We will just have to mask up everywhere, even the gym. The ships are at capacity now and pax are serving themselves in the WJ. When we went in March, it was 65% capacity and staff served. On Carnival in May, we were at 80% (?) and I got some symptoms on the way home. I don't sleep well at the best of times, and the Bermuda TA thing was really screwed up at the time and I was really run down. DId not test positive till four days later, and Jerry in six, so he caught it from me at home. Concerned b/c I am seeing on other sites (Shipmate app) pax saying they took precautions and got it anyway. I really don't want to be paranoid the whole first leg. Amazing the grocery workers, etc. here and just about all do not wear masks and are in contact with hundreds of peeps daily. Of course, if they are not being tested, they may be positive.

My first leg is Bermuda on Oct 8th, then Canada NE on Oct 13th.

I bought a big box of N95 masks. So we will be masking everywhere indoors on the ship. Even to the dining room. I will take it off to eat and that’s about it. Bermuda is only 5 days, so I doubt we can catch it and test positive by the third day. (That’s probably when they will test us for Canada)

I can’t wait until all this prep stuff is done and I can start getting excited for the actual cruise.

49 minutes ago, 2VaCruzers said:

We are also doing a b2b in October on Adventure with our first leg on October 8th to Bermuda. We’ve done our TA for the Bermuda cruise, but haven’t done arriveCan totally.  So much prep for these cruises due to Bermuda and Canada requirements. Ugh.  

We will be on the same b2b.

I’ve always gone to the Caribbean or Bermuda. I was excited to book Canada. And then I read about all these authorizations… Grrrr 

What will you be doing in Boston? We booked a great excursion through RC to Cape Cod for the day, and they cancelled it! So this is the only port I don’t know what to do. I’ve been there many times so for one day I just can’t decide. Was thinking maybe a Whale Watching trip.

19 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

What will you be doing in Boston? We booked a great excursion through RC to Cape Cod for the day, and they cancelled it! So this is the only port I don’t know what to do. I’ve been there many times so for one day I just can’t decide. Was thinking maybe a Whale Watching trip.

Been to Boston twice - the Freedom Trail is great, as is the USS Constitution.  Got to the latter by the HOHO bus. Thinking of Harvard or the Aquarium this time. Want to do the MFA, but they are closed on Tuesdays, when we will be there.

24 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

My first leg is Bermuda on Oct 8th, then Canada NE on Oct 13th.

I bought a big box of N95 masks. So we will be masking everywhere indoors on the ship. Even to the dining room. I will take it off to eat and that’s about it. Bermuda is only 5 days, so I doubt we can catch it and test positive by the third day. (That’s probably when they will test us for Canada)

I can’t wait until all this prep stuff is done and I can start getting excited for the actual cruise.

Our Bermuda is 6 nts, so that was my logic, also. I heard they test on the last sea day. In May, we did not mask on the ship, but were very mindful of hand washing, etc. Masked on shore indoors. Still don't want to get COVID, even if not positive till several days. No one wants to feel ill on a "relaxing" trip and possibly infect others.

Edited by joyandjerry

50 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

We will be on the same b2b.

I’ve always gone to the Caribbean or Bermuda. I was excited to book Canada. And then I read about all these authorizations… Grrrr 

In Boston we’re doing the hop on/hop off bus.  We’ve done it before, but our friends have not.  Also going to try and have lunch at Cheers!!  We’ve had these two cruises booked forever,  and kept having to lift and shift.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2VaCruzers said:

In Boston we’re doing the hop on/hop off bus.  We’ve done it before, but our friends have not.  Also going to try and have lunch at Cheers!!  We’ve had these two cruises booked forever,  and kept having to lift and shift.  

EECC Travels (YouTube) did an excellent video on Boston recently. They felt the Cheers experience was waaay overpriced.

Just now, joyandjerry said:

EECC Travels (YouTube) did an excellent video on Boston recently. They felt the Cheers experience was waaay overpriced.

We’ve already done it several times.  Was more the suggestion of our friends who have never been there.  

On 9/2/2022 at 6:57 AM, brillohead said:

...Recommendation:  Ask your room attendant if you can move your luggage and hanging items yourself before going to your B2B meeting on turn around day.  (Just put it in the closet so it's out of the way.)  

I always let the cabin attendant do this. One less thing for me to deal with.

20 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

...Canada would drop this requirement, as the ArriveCAN is also really hurting tourism...

How is it hurting tourism?

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I always let the cabin attendant do this. One less thing for me to deal with.

I have time to kill in the morning before the B2B meeting, so it's no big deal to me.  Not everyone might feel the same.

After meeting someone whose luggage went missing for a few hours during the process of letting the crew move it (and his luggage was only moving four doors down!!!!), I like knowing for sure that my luggage is in the right room, plus I like being able to unpack as soon as possible.  Plus, the crew have SO much to do that day, I figure one less thing is a good thing.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I have time to kill in the morning before the B2B meeting, so it's no big deal to me.  Not everyone might feel the same.

After meeting someone whose luggage went missing for a few hours during the process of letting the crew move it (and his luggage was only moving four doors down!!!!), I like knowing for sure that my luggage is in the right room, plus I like being able to unpack as soon as possible.  Plus, the crew have SO much to do that day, I figure one less thing is a good thing.  

When do they usually do that B2B meeting?