Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

11 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We found that minisuite bath to be a 'trap'. On the first night I looked at it dubiously and wondered aloud if I should have a bath as a novelty. At home we are on our own water supply so only have showers. I enjoyed the soak and everything was good until it came time to get out. The bath is very narrow and has very high sides. I had difficulty in turning over to get up and only managed to get out with my husband hauling me up by the arms. Then foolishly, he decided he also would have a bath. Getting a 110kg 6'3" man out of the bath was a mammoth effort! It wasn't pretty to watch but we were fortunate he didn't have to spend the whole cruise in the bath.

We were telling someone on board the story and they said they also had trouble getting out. Just to be helpful, there is an emergency cord hanging beside the bath. Maybe Princess has had people stuck there before. Anyway, this other couple told us that while the husband was thrashing around and doing contortions trying to get out (and thinking he never would) the phone rang. I laughed and asked "How would that help? The phone is in the main part of the cabin, not the bathroom". He said his wife picked it up and someone asked if there was an emergency because the cord was pulled. His wife was now alerted to his problem and with her help, he got out of the bath.

For the rest of the cruise, we only had showers.

Good idea.  I wouldn't get in the bath, as I'd made the mistake of giving my frail elderly grandmother a bath.  I couldn't get her out, so had to get my husband to help.  This was a woman who had her babies at home and had never shown an inch of skin!  She put a washer over her private parts and we all ended up giggling which made the exercise even more difficult!.  

• Like 1

Enjoying following this thread. My DW and I are looking forward to boarding Coral on the 26th. I must have missed the updated weather report for your current cruise. I gather you're all staying in Melbourne a little longer than planned. The last post I read said the plan was to depart Friday late afternoon. But the Bridge Cam shows you still in Melbourne. . .  🤔

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We found that minisuite bath to be a 'trap'. On the first night I looked at it dubiously and wondered aloud if I should have a bath as a novelty. At home we are on our own water supply so only have showers. I enjoyed the soak and everything was good until it came time to get out. The bath is very narrow and has very high sides. I had difficulty in turning over to get up and only managed to get out with my husband hauling me up by the arms. Then foolishly, he decided he also would have a bath. Getting a 110kg 6'3" man out of the bath was a mammoth effort! It wasn't pretty to watch but we were fortunate he didn't have to spend the whole cruise in the bath.

I took one look at the mini-suite bath and knew I'd never get out of it. 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ETdreamer said:

Enjoying following this thread. My DW and I are looking forward to boarding Coral on the 26th. I must have missed the updated weather report for your current cruise. I gather you're all staying in Melbourne a little longer than planned. The last post I read said the plan was to depart Friday late afternoon. But the Bridge Cam shows you still in Melbourne. . .  🤔

Yes, we're schedule to depart at 5pm today.

We've had a lovely time catching up with our eldest GD with the extended stay - we're off to her place soon. And we got some great bargains at the South Wharf outlet centre, which is far better than the Sydney one. Rolf even managed to get his new dinner jacket altered so he can wear it on the last formal night of this cruise.

So we're sad to miss the SA ports but we're being well looked after onboard Coral with delicious cocktails to drink, and yummy food to eat. 

• Like 2

Coral Princess cancels Adelaide and Port Lincoln.

Carnival Aust says that an intense low pressure system generating heavy seas and wind conditions has affected Coral Princess's itinerary.  

Reminds me of a comment on CC to never cruise south in winter, nor north in summer!

Bonus another day in Melbourne.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

We were telling someone on board the story and they said they also had trouble getting out. Just to be helpful, there is an emergency cord hanging beside the bath. Maybe Princess has had people stuck there before. Anyway, this other couple told us that while the husband was thrashing around and doing contortions trying to get out (and thinking he never would) the phone rang. I laughed and asked "How would that help? The phone is in the main part of the cabin, not the bathroom". He said his wife picked it up and someone asked if there was an emergency because the cord was pulled. His wife was now alerted to his problem and with her help, he got out of the bath.

For the rest of the cruise, we only had showers.

Haha I had a phone call from services I. Response to our “emergency” button rang twice! Turned out Frank thought it was a washing line and was trying to work out where it connected too!!!! Hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've had a lovely time catching up with our eldest GD with the extended stay - we're off to her place soon. And we got some great bargains at the South Wharf outlet centre, which is far better than the Sydney one. Rolf even managed to get his new dinner jacket altered so he can wear it on the last formal night of this cruise.

So we're sad to miss the SA ports but we're being well looked after onboard Coral with delicious cocktails to drink, and yummy food to eat. 

Enjoy your extended stay in Melbourne with your granddaughter.

Reminds me of when a hurricane caused our ship to divert to Boston.  When I phoned my girlfriend from the wharf, she couldn't believe I was in Boston.  Her husband picked us up and we had the best day!

• Like 2

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Ha! That's funny. Did you point out to him that it is red?😁

He obviously didn’t connect lol even the clearly labelled “emergency”! Our first time in a suite so maybe he thought it was just special royal coloured accessories 😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So just a thought, are you guys collecting the paper work for missed ports for your travel insurance? We just were granted refund for missing port Douglas in June. $250 each ($500) minus excess of $200 still gave us $300 return. Just had to supply official letter from Princess showing our name, voyage and reason for missing (ie bad weather).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

So just a thought, are you guys collecting the paper work for missed ports for your travel insurance? We just were granted refund for missing port Douglas in June. $250 each ($500) minus excess of $200 still gave us $300 return. Just had to supply official letter from Princess showing our name, voyage and reason for missing (ie bad weather).

Thats great that worked out well. Nice to know they honoured your claim.Would you mind if I ask what Insurance company you used. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

We are with InsureandGo, and they have in the past not deducted the excess in claims for missed ports.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnGc said:

Thats great that worked out well. Nice to know they honoured your claim.Would you mind if I ask what Insurance company you used. 

1Cover. 
we were able to use for Australian cruises but they don’t insure for international when over 80 as Frank is. We gave now tsken

annual worldwide unlimited for Frank for great price.

Has anyone had any experience changing their dining arrangements once on board the ship? I'm terrified of trying to change it via the app at this late stage, we board on the 26th. I initially booked a table for our group of 6 for every night same table, unfortunately one of our group has just been diagnosed with throat cancer and needs urgent surgery,  his wife and he wanted to do this cruise before the operation but was told he wouldn't last to the end of the cruise if he did. Insurance not covering the rest of us for the cancellation, and the hired transport to Sydney means the rest of us can't afford to cancel out and i need to change out dining booking.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Coral Princess cancels Adelaide and Port Lincoln.

Carnival Aust says that an intense low pressure system generating heavy seas and wind conditions has affected Coral Princess's itinerary.  

Reminds me of a comment on CC to never cruise south in winter, nor north in summer!

Bonus another day in Melbourne.  

quite a few very disappointed coral princess cruisers on board who will be missing out on pre-arranged family reunions in adelaide. seems rather hard to fathom why princess chose to keep kangaroo island, the only tender on the itinerary, rather than adelaide or port lincoln.

12 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

quite a few very disappointed coral princess cruisers on board who will be missing out on pre-arranged family reunions in adelaide. seems rather hard to fathom why princess chose to keep kangaroo island, the only tender on the itinerary, rather than adelaide or port lincoln.

Thats a shame for reunions.

33 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Has anyone had any experience changing their dining arrangements once on board the ship? I'm terrified of trying to change it via the app at this late stage, we board on the 26th. I initially booked a table for our group of 6 for every night same table, unfortunately one of our group has just been diagnosed with throat cancer and needs urgent surgery,  his wife and he wanted to do this cruise before the operation but was told he wouldn't last to the end of the cruise if he did. Insurance not covering the rest of us for the cancellation, and the hired transport to Sydney means the rest of us can't afford to cancel out and i need to change out dining booking.

So sorry to hear about your friends. Surely if you speak with the Maitre'D? Guest services etc they can assist.

41 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

It won't be a problem,  just let them know when you have your first lunch in the dining room.

Enjoy your cruise. 

43 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

That’s great, but we couldn’t get many companies for 83 yr old

Thats great thank you. I was thinking of going with 1 cover being over 80 yr old I did not realise that you could claim for missed ports on the $200 excess. I misread and thought that the $3000 excess applied to any claim. Now realise that it applies to medical, injury, repatriation and cancellations. 

Cheers John

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, austromyrtus said:

I would have thought Kangarooo Island would have been risky!

Just now, JohnGc said:

Thats great thank you. I was thinking of going with 1 cover being over 80 yr old I did not realise that you could claim for missed ports on the $200 excess. I misread and thought that the $3000 excess applied to any claim. Now realise that it applies to medical, injury, repatriation and cancellations. 

Cheers John

Yes it's definitely only those items that require the $3000 excess.

• Like 1