Embarkation Time

QueenofEverything

We are the same (end of October), but we haven's got our final boarding paperwork yet.  I'm assuming 3:00 was a working placeholder, so I'll wait until 20 days out to see what the official time is.  Three months ago on Seashore it changed four times!  At any rate, since they have never checked the time before, we will just go when we are ready.

Our boarding time was 10 AM but presumably the ship hadn’t received the all clear by then. We showed up at 10:45. Still waited till noon to board. Apparently the times really don’t matter. If you show up early and the ship isn’t ready for passengers you can wait with refreshments in the YC area. 

5 minutes ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

Our boarding time for the Divina for next month is 9:30. LOL.  It will easily change 4 times before then 🙂

Please don’t conflate boarding time with check-in window. The time you are given on your eDocs is a check-in time or stated another way when to show up at the terminal door. 

Even for Yacht Club guests it will routinely take at least 30 minutes to navigate check-in. Boarding time is totally dependent on ship clearance to board. In the US that means once zero-count has been achieved and CBP has cleared ship for embarkation. In Europe, that obviously varies by local country requirements.

I know in Miami and Port Canaveral MSC strives to begin BOARDING at 10:30 or earlier, so a 9:30 CHECK-IN time is quite reasonable for the earliest window.

Dennis