Carousel shows - Houdini and Rock Circus

tbmrt

Thinking of booking the Houdini and Rock Circus shows now, but wondering if these will interfere with our late dining, main show or other happenings since we will be only taking a 3 night cruise this time (Meraviglia).

I read that you must pick your time/day for these shows onboard if you have prepaid for your seats.  Does anyone know if seats are usually available without prepaying?

Also, I haven't been able to find any videos about these shows which I understand are on the Bellissima also. Are these actually running now?

5 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Thinking of booking the Houdini and Rock Circus shows now, but wondering if these will interfere with our late dining, main show or other happenings since we will be only taking a 3 night cruise this time (Meraviglia).

I read that you must pick your time/day for these shows onboard if you have prepaid for your seats.  Does anyone know if seats are usually available without prepaying?

Also, I haven't been able to find any videos about these shows which I understand are on the Bellissima also. Are these actually running now?

When we booked for our 23 October cruise, we were just given choice of the two dates we wanted, not the show times (6:15 or 10:00).  We were told we could book our time when on board, so you should be able to do dinner and see your show.  Bellisima is running different shows (same format), and reviews are positive about the experience.  On seat availability, no one knows  since it will be new when she comes to America in October. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, slk1000 said:

Does anyone know if they hold back tickets for people to purchase on the ship?  I tried to book pre-cruise and it says sold out:(  

When I tried online, all the options showed as "sold out."  I called MSC, and all were open, so I chose specific days and bought online.  I suspect that computer glitch will keep people from purchasing and should give you an opportunity to buy on board (with the extra 15% service charge).  I would call.

• Like 2

Thank-you for the information!. Emails didn't get a response, about these tickets, so I called. The first customer service rep, checked with a supervisor, who said"if they say sold out then they are", second phone call pretty much the same. 3 times the charm! Finally got a smart rep, spent 3 minutes, found tickets and said, there are many,many tickets available.  I was able to purchase tickets for both shows, and just have to confirm the time, when I board the ship. Hopefully that part works.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JAGR said:

When I tried online, all the options showed as "sold out."  I called MSC, and all were open, so I chose specific days and bought online.  I suspect that computer glitch will keep people from purchasing and should give you an opportunity to buy on board (with the extra 15% service charge).  I would call.

Thank you! I called and was able to make a reservation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Where did you see information about these shows?  We are on Divinia next May and I haven't noticed this in any of our availability to book pre-cruise.  Does Divinia have these?

I'm not sure if the Divina has these shows.  It would be under the specialty restaurants.

5 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Where did you see information about these shows?  We are on Divinia next May and I haven't noticed this in any of our availability to book pre-cruise.  Does Divinia have these?

No, only the newer ships and the shows mentioned here are only available on the Mera:

https://www.msccruises.no/nyheter/carousel-production-at-sea-shows

Edited by perakcruiser

They are on the MERA and I, too, saw that every show for every day was sold out for my December cruise.  Perhaps I will try to call.... then again, I might have more self-respect than to put myself through that process.... (anyone who has called an MSC rep who knows less than you do will understand )

• Like 1

Also wondering what to do.  We have 4 people (2 different reservations).  Tried to book online and also said shows were full.

I'm a bit wary of booking with a phone call if we need to call MSC to book since these shows will apparently be brand new when Meraviglia returns to the US in early October and our trip is in early November.  Thinking that if there are complications getting the shows organized before our trip so we couldn't attend, it would be a pain in the neck to get a credit/refund back from MSC.  On the other hand, I'd hate to miss out on them so waiting could be a problem.

Perhaps waiting a week so we could book online would be a better alternative?

JAGR...Did these show up on your MSC and me account after you called and book the shows?  That would make me feel better about booking via a phone call.

Edited by tbmrt

5 hours ago, tbmrt said:

JAGR...Did these show up on your MSC and me account after you called and book the shows?  That would make me feel better about booking via a phone call.

Right after the call, MSC e-mailed a new booking confirmation.  It included the shows and dates we selected:

image.thumb.png.568c0cbd621e50859f197064f7b3fd41.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JAGR said:

Right after the call, MSC e-mailed a new booking confirmation.  It included the shows and dates we selected:

image.thumb.png.568c0cbd621e50859f197064f7b3fd41.png

I wonder what the Signature Cocktail will be.  When I sailed, it was a Bahama Mama that required considerable more Rum than it contained for it to be really "good".  

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I wonder what the Signature Cocktail will be.  When I sailed, it was a Bahama Mama that required considerable more Rum than it contained for it to be really "good".  

Good question!  CruiseRadio site says the choice of Cocktails includes Bombay Tonic, Vodka Red Rooster, Virgin Mojito, Rosemary Gimlet, Tiki Mule, and Paloma Fizz.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/17/2022 at 7:23 PM, rkacruiser said:

None of these "signature cocktails" appeal to me.  

You don't have to drink the cocktail, as you are paying for the show. How do you even know what they are? Did you Google each one?