Royal Up

Kelli0927

12 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I get those offers all the time.  Never do them.  If I am not going to get the points to upgrade, it is totally not worth it to me.

Agree for the most part. We did get a 2BR GS in AK, and have a CL coming up. We initially book the cat/cabin we desire, and if we upgrade at a price we’re happy w/, great. If not, that’s great too. 

Edited by bucfan2

10 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Agree for the most part. We did get a 2BR GS in AK, and have a CL coming up. We initially book the cat/cabin we desire, and if we upgrade at a price we’re happy w/, great. If not, that’s great too. 

Yeah, I am all about the points, so just not worth it to me if not getting the extra points.  We always book Balconies and are totally happy with that, not paying extra to upgrade to a suite and not get the double points.

• Like 1

I did the Royal Up bid when I got the email at least a month or so ago.  The sailing I'm going to be on, the Liberty of the Seas, leaves this Sunday 9/11.  This morning, I was delighted to see that my bid was accepted and I'm now going from an interior room (all the way at the front of the ship) to a port side balcony room that's midship.  The only downside to this whole process is that because I'm getting a room to myself, I was having to bid as though 2 people were in the room.  Not that it will matter to me if I do a cruise out of Galveston next year (Liberty will not be sailing out of there anymore), but I hope that when Liberty gets its amplification, they add some solo cabins to it.  They really need to do this with all ships in the fleet.