Can you drop carry-ons in the cabin upon boarding?

4 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Again, never considered that.  And having the same cabin if far from 'the whole idea' for us doing a b2b, although it certainly has its benefits.  (I wasn't clear on 'room steward handing bags'...that includes reimaining in same room). 

Just trying for determine where/what/whatever gives a b2b'er approval for accessing the halls.  Guess it's the little touch of 'rule follower' in me that wants to make sure I'm doing just that.   If the answer is 'slip out/in real quick', I guess the other 6K pax on an Oasis class ship could argue the same.

The ship will give the B2B pax an "in transit" card....if you need to show it to get back into your cabin.  And of course, you are not dragging the bang..bang..thump...thump  carry on bags with you over all the carts, bags, trash...and the furiously hard working turnaround day crew in the hallway.  😉 

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

The ship will give the B2B pax an "in transit" card....if you need to show it to get back into your cabin.  And of course, you are not dragging the bang..bang..thump...thump  carry on bags with you over all the carts, bags, trash...and the furiously hard working turnaround day crew in the hallway.  😉 

Thank you for the info...never knew that.  Although we'd never use it, we've cruised w/ friends that would have (if I hadn't misinformed them to stay clear lol).

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just make sure to close the fire doors behind you. BTW, those suckers are heavy. 💪😁

Must admit I'm well aware....wasn't necessarily a very good rule follower back in the day, and far from touchy-feely.   (Wife would say there's still plenty of room for improvement in the former....baby steps in the latter). 😉

Edited by bucfan2

I tried to slip back to my cabin while on a B2B after reading about it here. The minute I opened the door I was screamed at by a very stressed out cabin attendant to come back at 2 pm. I told him I was on a back-to-back cruise. It didn’t change anything. He repeated that I had to come back at 2 pm.

I have several B2B cruises booked and I would very much like to go to my cabin early but I will NOT be attempting that again. 

21 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Thank you for the info...never knew that.  Although we'd never use it, we've cruised w/ friends that would have (if I hadn't misinformed them to stay clear lol).

You are most welcome.  I love turn around day.   After being marched through the B2B procedure, once the ship has been cleared, we return to our cabin.  Time to sit on the balcony with a glass of wine and relax, knowing we are already unpacked and ready for another "go round".  😉 😄 

We always wave off our overly worked cabin attendant, who is always happy he/she can save time during that busy day and not have to deal with the cleaning.  Just a change out of towels when we let them know the night before...and we are good to go. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I tried to slip back to my cabin while on a B2B after reading about it here. The minute I opened the door I was screamed at by a very stressed out cabin attendant to come back at 2 pm. I told him I was on a back-to-back cruise. It didn’t change anything. He repeated that I had to come back at 2 pm.

I have several B2B cruises booked and I would very much like to go to my cabin early but I will NOT be attempting that again. 

You simply ran into one of those stressed out, overworked crew members on dreaded TAD.  Almost every time we go through our B2B procedure, we are told we can access our cabin again (as long as you are keeping the same cabin).  You are not dragging your carry on bags, you know exactly where you are going.  Not nearly as disruptive as wandering newly boarded pax, who are dragging those carry on bags, and cluelessly looking for their cabin.  

Now, if I have to change cabins...yeah, I will wait until cabins are open with the rest of the newly boarded pax, due to attendants having to clean that new cabin.  

• Like 2

It’s interesting how different people have different experiences. I’m sure everything you said is true however in several back to back cruises I have never been told on turnaround day that I could access my (same) cabin early. I only learned about it here. I will specifically ask next time but even if I’m told it is allowed I don’t think I will try it. I don’t enjoy being yelled at even if I am in the right. 

52 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

It’s interesting how different people have different experiences. I’m sure everything you said is true however in several back to back cruises I have never been told on turnaround day that I could access my (same) cabin early. I only learned about it here. I will specifically ask next time but even if I’m told it is allowed I don’t think I will try it. I don’t enjoy being yelled at even if I am in the right. 

All our B2B experiences have been exactly as @island lady and others have posted. Never questioned when opening the doors or walking down the hallway to our cabin. The attendants all recognize us as we always have the same cabin and they all say, "oh, you're doing a B2B. Welcome back". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

All our B2B experiences have been exactly as @island lady and others have posted. Never questioned when opening the doors or walking down the hallway to our cabin. The attendants all recognize us as we always have the same cabin and they all say, "oh, you're doing a B2B. Welcome back". 

Ours usually seem to know in advance... on the last night we discuss not needing any service. On occasion our steward has changed but they have told us they will tell the ones taking over that we're a B2B and not to disturb us on TAD.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScubaCat3 said:

You've never been told at the consecutive cruiser's meeting that you can access your cabin?

Oh my....if staying in the same cabin there's no reason for you not to be able to. So sorry you've missed this convenient perk. 

Crew "yelling" at a guest ... hmmm !!! 

• Like 2