b2b vancouver. Do they need to clear ship?

jeanandjim

2 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

we had to get off in Vancouver.  EM

Thanx, that would be unfortunate but appreciate quick response. Vancouver-Vancouver 12 day Alaska inside passage followed by a Vancouver to LA wine coast 7 day.

Jim😎

They will take you off as part of a group, you will meet up in one of the bars or dining rooms.  It can take awhile for everybody to disembark.  You will then need to clear Immigration so don't forget your passport.   They will give you an In Transit card so when you reboard you can bypass the check in line.

They do this all the time so its usually a pretty efficient process.

9 hours ago, Centsless_Cruiser said:

The only time my DW and I did this was on the Star in 2016 when we did LAX-VNC and VNC-HAW-VNC in that case we did not have to get off for turn around most likely since our return was back to Vancouver not to a US port.

Well, that makes sense. Sounds like we will have to get off in order to process us back into the US thru immigration. Thnx for all the responses.

Jim😎

Though they could bring immigration on board to do the processing. I will let you know the results.

Jim😎

Edited by jeanandjim

21 hours ago, jeanandjim said:

Thanx, that would be unfortunate but appreciate quick response. Vancouver-Vancouver 12 day Alaska inside passage followed by a Vancouver to LA wine coast 7 day.

Jim😎

Not certain regarding your itinerary. If your first port after Vancouver is a U.S. port then I would think that you will be processed through US immigration in Vancouver. There will be a formal procedure for that either on board or in port. If your first port is Victoria, BC, then US immigration should be at the first US port of call. I don't think US immigration has staffing in Victoria like they do in Vancouver.

3 hours ago, jeanandjim said:

Well, that makes sense. Sounds like we will have to get off in order to process us back into the US thru immigration. Thnx for all the responses.

Jim😎

Though they could bring immigration on board to do the processing. I will let you know the results.

Jim😎

Recent posts indicate there are only 4 US immigration officers to process all the newly arriving passengers in Vancouver, I doubt they will do it onboard.