Norwaylady goes b2b Alaska+Hawaii on Eclipse

Norwaylady

So after a good walk outside for 2hours, it was nice to sit down for a few minutes and feel the sunshine ☀️ it’s getting stronger sun by every meter we sail. 

At 13.00 we attended the captain’s club party. We took a table hidden away from everyone. So we had no one close on us. 

The cruisers/Zenit by most points, was a couple. 4000-something points. 

Cd Sue, captain Zisis and captain’s club hostess said some words and they served drinks and small bites. 

todays canapés was delivered to our room already. 

Now it’s time to enjoy ourselves on the top deck😎 Just looking over the ocean and trying to read some magazines🤓 

Plans for the evening is probably show and dinner. ( it’s a new pianist;) We haven’t decided yet😅

image.jpg

A2CC7F99-86EA-4483-A933-C099CA3C5263.jpeg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I love crispy bacon 🥓 . Thanks for sharing.

We may do room service each morning and skip the buffet.

I don’t see hot cereal such as oatmeal on the app. 

deepending on your stateroom type, you may have it😉

we are in concierge and had Aqua last sailing. 
they have a extended menu for breakfast. So their is oatmeal on their options😌 

• Thanks 1

So after spending some time outside, it was time to get dressed for the evening. 

Tonight’s show is pianist Hyperion Knight. 

We started to evening in Sky Lounge. Its a lovely view and it’s not crowded😊 

Milos has a “base” here during daytime. So if you have questions, he will happily answer. Mr Norwaylady and Milos has bonded😂😂😂 

Both have binoculars that has stabiliser🙃  And they love to scout for animals outside😊

It’s very nice that Milos is around and can answer questions of wildlife. 

I must admit that we are very “up-to-date” on this field. So Milos has not given us any “grand” new information. But he is really fun and a firework of a lecture holder. (I have 3+5 years at university, so I can say he’s a great lecture holder😜🤣🤣 he’s not like paint-dry lecturer’s) 

The beyond podium talk’s Milos has in the theatre, can be seen on the tv in the stateroom afterwards the presentation.

Victoria & the rest of the crew in Sky lounge is very welcome and friendly. They make the best cosmopolitan I have had on all my 17 Celebrity cruises. It’s perfect 🤩 (I’m not a big cocktail drinker, but on cruise I like to have one;) 

Tonight’s show was fabulous🤩😂 Hyperion Knight was great🤩 His E. Grieg description of Norway was fantastic😂🇳🇴😂 Really my cup of tea🤩

Dinner tonight…. We have to eat something right? 

I promised Mr Norwaylady for better and for worse when I walked down the aisle soon to be 12years ago😍🙈 

He’s a big fan of buffets. And yesterday when he picked up some fruit, he promised me it was completely empty, except from some crew/officers in the having dinner up in the buffet. 

So we landed on buffet😝 not a winner in my opinion, but it’s okay. Mr Norwaylady is a happy camper🥰 (it’s not the lack of choices, I just hate to chase down my food and it’s impossible to decide😵💫🙄) 

I have a minor problem/issue about mdr. There lots of people😱😰😳 We have a table in the more private section. But I fear all those people for the moment……😱🤔🫣🙄😬 My radar for cough and sneezing is at max capacity🫣

So after stretching my day, captain’s club event and show. A empty buffet is good for my peace of mind. 

Lots of crew eating dinner, no guests. 

So that was a “winner” in the game avoid larger groups of people🤩😝 

Happy cruising🥰😜🤪😎

7C08F33E-6A31-40B2-BC66-790E83D48147.jpeg

D658047E-BE2C-4CFC-BC8D-558134CACCAA.jpeg

D81E116D-4A73-42A6-B9D4-FAE5227AF8D6.jpeg

7D212BB1-FB8C-4107-ABBF-50860C69A0EF.jpeg

37182A78-BF83-4CA2-932C-6A1CCD0A7BD5.jpeg

C71F6FBD-0DD7-43C6-A0B8-3B77E7C328CE.jpeg

C6109BBC-BE54-4782-B437-D6A95B6DE8A3.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLcruiser2011 said:

We are joining Eclipse in Hawaii and are somewhat uneasy about the high number of positives on the previous Alaska cruise.  Any news on how many more positives have turned up on the ship in the past couple of days?  Anyone wearing masks? 

it’s been silent as in a graveyard….

They didn’t say anything on the Alaska part. But I’m not blind….. the reason we know well is due to fb group and roll call. 

In Alaska we were very few that masked up. It was more masks when the sneezing and coughing raised. But that’s to late. 
No force of masks in tenders(they had a sign, but no crew comment if you used it….), bus shuttle or theatre. 

There are some more masks now. I’m very happy for that🤩 

We keep outside during daytime as much as possible and try to do things that are not crowded. ( so that’s why it’s a long walk outdoors and no fitness centre) 

Rise & Shine😎

Clock has been turned 1-hour back. It’s the last, promise😝 We are now on Hawaiian time🤩

Coffee was collected downstairs in Al bacio🥰 

Breakfast delivered to our room🥰 (and after a little discussion, Mr Norwaylady decided it was a bit to cold outside for breakfast😛) So this was probably the last one indoors😎 Waiting patiently on the balcony breakfast…..

If someone was missing a plate of pineapple 🍍 this morning, we had it😂😂

I thought it was strange to receive one plate/box extra…. 

Surprise surprise, a full plate of pineapple🤣🤣 Mr was happy for some extra fruit🥰

I have done my 2-hour grand tour walk out on the deck. 

Beautiful weather and 19c. 

Lots of people around the pool. 

Still a bit wind, but not to chilly. 

As you know, yesterday we attended the captain’s club party. 

You know I have said some words about not “fit-in-the-box”……

A elderly couple from UK walked up to our hidden location. They asked if we hadn’t  left the lounge, it was a private event….

We told them politely that we are invited also. 

It’s just something we are very used to😅 It’s not the first and will probably not be the last time. 

Our team in housekeeping is doing a good job, our stateroom is taken good care of and Caesar gave excellent details of how we “live” on routine🥰😅 So it’s very smooth transition from one to another🙃

160BA4F6-C327-48FB-AC1B-AEA1DDDFF559.jpeg

6676F787-E971-4B2A-A309-4A4289E4F8BD.jpeg

8E2FB9C4-FA73-4A94-BE19-A04DD736CD79.jpeg

A9F7B53F-9270-40B6-A168-1ABF4DB4312B.jpeg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

Rise & Shine😎

Clock has been turned 1-hour back. It’s the last, promise😝 We are now on Hawaiian time🤩

Coffee was collected downstairs in Al bacio🥰 

Breakfast delivered to our room🥰 (and after a little discussion, Mr Norwaylady decided it was a bit to cold outside for breakfast😛) So this was probably the last one indoors😎 Waiting patiently on the balcony breakfast…..

If someone was missing a plate of pineapple 🍍 this morning, we had it😂😂

I thought it was strange to receive one plate/box extra…. 

Surprise surprise, a full plate of pineapple🤣🤣 Mr was happy for some extra fruit🥰

I have done my 2-hour grand tour walk out on the deck. 

Beautiful weather and 19c. 

Lots of people around the pool. 

Still a bit wind, but not to chilly. 

As you know, yesterday we attended the captain’s club party. 

You know I have said some words about not “fit-in-the-box”……

A elderly couple from UK walked up to our hidden location. They asked if we hadn’t  left the lounge, it was a private event….

We told them politely that we are invited also. 

It’s just something we are very used to😅 It’s not the first and will probably not be the last time. 

Our team in housekeeping is doing a good job, our stateroom is taken good care of and Caesar gave excellent details of how we “live” on routine🥰😅 So it’s very smooth transition from one to another🙃

160BA4F6-C327-48FB-AC1B-AEA1DDDFF559.jpeg

6676F787-E971-4B2A-A309-4A4289E4F8BD.jpeg

8E2FB9C4-FA73-4A94-BE19-A04DD736CD79.jpeg

A9F7B53F-9270-40B6-A168-1ABF4DB4312B.jpeg

🙄😯she you could hide that couple permanently in the hidden location 🤣

• Haha 1

@NorwayladyMore cruise industry bashing, this time in Norway

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/1673346/cruise-rage-norway-stop-cruising-campaign-exclusive

An academic published a similar article in  NZ recently.

I admit that my conscience struggles with the crew's employment conditions and then still get onboard so what kind of hypocrite am I!

It would be good to see more balanced reporting including comparisons with other parts of the tourism sector. I'm submitting my research master's thesis today. Maybe I feel a new research project coming on?

So if anyone wondering why I always cover up my ears outside, it’s because I have a small problem in my ears. 

If they have a little wind, it’s a problem asap. 

I had a horrible ear infection after a dive many years ago. So the layers inside the ear is very sensitive afterwards. So loud sounds are not my best friend. 

So a little wind or colder climate, and it feels like I have water in my ears constantly. It’s really not funny😩 

So it’s better to cover up and avoid the problem😎 (and I also don’t dive anymore😢 But Mr Norwaylady enjoy diving😍)  Snorkelling is okay🐡🐠🦑🐟

Today I wanted to have lunch from the spa café. I like the clean cousin and vegetables. 

And they are plated, so I only need to bring them away. 

Tuna salad, caprese salad and a turkey sandwich was shared lunch today🍴

We had a picnic upstairs on solstices deck. Worked well🥰 (yes, we are good guests. Carried the plates downstairs again together by cutlery and napkins;) 

We been relaxing in the sun and just taking it easy😎  Not crowded and very peaceful up on solstices deck. 

Sea days are days that just sail away😅😂😂

Do as much or little as you prefer. 

I wanted ice cream in the ☀️ 

Tried in the buffet for dessert yesterday. But they were out of all flavours except strawberry. ( I love fresh strawberries, but put them in ice cream or soft serve😝 no thanks😝) So it was melon instead. 

So today I had to walk the dreaded buffet during lunch….. it was strawberry soft serve in Spa café🤥

So I walked in 14.15 hoping it would be okay. Long line and very limited options. All boxes empty. So ended up on vanilla & cherry-brandy for us🍨

It was good☺️ only problem is the walk back in the sun🫠🫠🫠

They had some activity by the pool today☺️ Bean toss, line dancing and something else. Good too see this outside😎 

Today’s canapés has arrived. They don’t do a big variety on them😜But they are tasty if you like the ingredients😉

9B153008-D93E-4449-B718-03FF754B09FE.jpeg

DA510C9F-C77F-4957-BE31-5C192477BCEA.jpeg

• Like 1

Rain rain

Can you order it? Well it was perfect timing😂 Thanks captain Zizis🥰

We wanted to take a dip in the jacuzzi… and a sunny day in decent temperatures filled up pool deck until late. 

But around 16.00 it arrived a little drizzle😂 It cleared pool deck in 1-2-3😉

So after 10.mins drizzle, it was perfect to enjoy the jacuzzi alone😎 So out we went☺️

At 18.30 it was time to take the trip to Sky lounge. Decent amount of people and widely spread out. 

You know you have auntie children😝 Mr Norwaylady was not paying attention when he put on the shoes. So he scrubbed his fingers…. Well it needed a band-aid 🩹 

O hello Minions😝

Tonight’s show is the singing cast preforming broadway songs. We attended on the Alaskan cruise. So we will not attend. 

Dinner is not decided at this point. We are debating if mdr or buffet is safest tonight. 

We ended up in the buffet together by the crew😜 we went for dinner at 20.45. 

Quiet and empty, just crew eating dinner🥰 

So very “safe”🙃 

We had stir-fry and some ice cream for dessert. Tonight’s choices for ice cream was better then yesterday☺️

I love Asian food, so it’s perfect to pick my own ingredients and have it freshly made. 

It’s more “cantina” style compared to mdr and I’m not a fan of “hunt-down-your-dinner”.  Wooden spoons for ice cream and melamine plate’s🤣

But in this crazy world, I stretch far to keep us well😉 the crew on duty in ocean view has been extremely nice both evenings. And they know how to make a espresso macchiato🙃 (they only have large cups, but it’s made correctly;) 

I hope to return to mdr tomorrow. I’m not happy about the situation. But I’m paranoid for the moment😅 

It was a really shot across the bow that the numbers is that horrible. 

We know from experience in Norway that colder climate is the “ultimate” growing conditions for covid and crowded areas indoors. 

But we also feel that a lot of fellow passengers give nada effort to try to keeping well. 

And when they were obviously I’ll of something, they still attended shows, mdr and bars. Not nicely done for your fellow cruisers or crew…..

510264F7-B230-4F25-A30E-3B080B674D77.jpeg

FC570FCB-1ECE-4C60-923F-D36663A12B54.jpeg

F4201382-C907-4CB1-B24A-2C10A2279847.jpeg

2F2B5645-0401-4852-9F19-922F2FF97B6F.jpeg

AF6E3A32-8831-4559-AF96-1DFE4B55A474.jpeg

• Like 6

Rise & Shine

I was early awake today and the WiFi is not very good in our location. (Mr was having his beauty sleep😴) 

So I took a tour down to Al Bacio. Had my morning cappuccino and browsed thru work email and downloaded the newspaper. ( all empty on sushi on 5 side😊, so okey to sit down) 

Picked up coffee for Mr and headed back upstairs for wake-up delivery🥰 

Breakfast was delivered and today warm temperatures outside, but to windy for balcony breakfast😝🤪🥸

Well, well…. We just have to eat indoors then😅

Today’s walking tour started 08.30. It’s 24c but wind from front. So a good ac in the stairs😂 wind jacket is genius😎

There was a drizzle arriving around 09.05 so it was best to stop for a rain shower in sunset bar for a few mins. There’s dry area’s🙃

Then it’s back to walking😎😉

D74430E0-FF69-4801-8B7E-45562810CF5F.jpeg

A1455043-BD2F-4A81-9118-5DD68667042F.jpeg

• Like 4

Mr went to Milos lecture at 10.00 in the theatre. So his not a deck walker😅

Today’s subject was energy. 

After a good walk (if you ask the smoke club on Sunset bar, they can probably give you number of laps), they were hosting bocce on the lawn. It was a good sign up today😎 officers vs guests. 

I went downstairs to change to lighter clothes and take a little rest on the sun bed. We found a empty area and rigged us up😎 Overlooking the pool and follow the fun from distance😅

Today they hosted a Hula Hula class on pool deck💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 and Dj Rexor was poolside. 

Great to have a “normal” day at sea🥰

You know the ship is out of “training” of warmer climate and entertainment outdoor🤣🤣 They haven’t put on wind hair on the 🎤 mic😜 So it’s windy voice😜 Hopefully technical department remember we’re they put the microphone hair🙃

We skipped concierge party today. Felt no need to leave my sun bed, dress up and drink champagne. Just relax and enjoy the temperature😎 

We did spa cafe lunch on the sun beds🙃 We had same as yesterday, sandwich and caprese salad😊Easy and tasty😊

9A178EAE-B1E3-424D-B230-3654E7CDAC8C.jpeg

77EA79E0-8C37-421B-B677-EC9ECCFC1B94.jpeg

828BD3EE-59CA-4047-A4B3-962FCE941D8D.jpeg

• Like 3

CD Sue delivered a list of the entertainment onboard this cruise on evening 2 to all b2b staterooms. 

Already the next day it was changed according to the letter. Mismatch in cruise compass😜

Tonight’s show is magician James Cielen.

Mr went down to guest relations and asked if he will do the same show. 

When it’s production shows, you know it’s identical. 

But since we have the same guest entertainment onboard as in Alaska. It would be nice if they could put in a note if they do same show/set list or if they change. 

Guest relations confirmed that tonight’s show will be identical to Alaska. 

So no show tonight😝 

We went up to Sky Lounge around 18.15. Plenty of space for a pre-dinner drink. 

Tonight we had decided for dinner in mdr. 

So, as I said in the post from first night in mdr. We are seated in a line of 2x 4 tables in the expressway to the galley. 

In our area/zone. The tables by the window/more private tables are empty. 

Why put all off us on the expressway from the galley??? 

According to our neighbours it’s been all empty since first night. 

One of the couple has been moved to one of the windows tables. 

Well, well…. I don’t understand why put people in a walkway when you can put them 2m away🥸

Well, back to the dinner. Tonight’s menu is a day we prefer. 

We had: 

Starter: beef carpaccio, apple pear salad

Main: ricotta pasta (starter menu) and short ribs

Dessert: ice cream and sticky toffee pudding. 

Coffee and sambuca. 

Food was good. Nothing wrong or lack of taste. Tonight’s menu is a good day. 

It’s just unnecessary to seat us all on the highway when they could seated us a bit more private/not in a runway 2-3m away. 

Service is good from head waiter. Assistant is under training/work in progress….

Tried my espresso macchiato again. Dishwasher water at best😝 

Please take a course from waiters in Blu, Made, Vin, Zeine, Sky Longe Victoria or ask Christian in Al bacio how to make it🤪

8957E22C-4B78-4C86-8282-9DDBFE97F33F.jpeg

1A30BCE9-8543-4E09-8052-ED98328E2AB6.jpeg

FD4354E7-1274-4AEE-BD7C-8437C197237F.jpeg

8E428575-47A8-4098-B5F9-D3C72498DD56.jpeg

BA374E96-E83C-40F8-B948-31ED27B09861.jpeg

58603F82-B430-40B2-B077-B6C4CE99DAEE.jpeg

501C100E-AF8F-496C-B9A5-697C5D2654D4.jpeg

E8CDD9ED-0316-4526-8621-A540ED443199.jpeg

EE5656F5-F930-4862-8880-E6D26A2B67B7.jpeg

Thank you for taking the time to do this trip report! We are really enjoying your positive spirit and emoji’s 😃!

We just finished a wonderful Alaska cruise on the Millennium in Aquaclass, and considered staying on for the next (very empty coastal) leg, but the rate for Aqua was more than we wanted to pay. We decided to get off because Blu was such a fantastic experience, we didn’t think we continue on the ship and not be in there. Too sad! Another time yes, but not on the same ship when we know what we’d be missing with the great team in Blu.

It sounds like you are enjoying the menu in the MDR (and the ice cream like a good Norwegian!)and that’s too bad about the seating. 
I agree about the smoking areas on Celebrity. On Millenium they also had it on the corner of the walking/exercise track. Not what we want to breath in while trying to get exercise!
I think you said originally that your trip was going to be about 6 weeks(?). Are you staying on in Hawaii after the cruise? If so, I hope you make it to Kauai. Celebrity doesn’t stop there and the last time we did this itinerary we added a stay there. It now our favorite island. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

It sounds like you are enjoying the menu in the MDR (and the ice cream like a good Norwegian!)

I think you said originally that your trip was going to be about 6 weeks(?). Are you staying on in Hawaii after the cruise?
If so, I hope you make it to Kauai. Celebrity doesn’t stop there and the last time we did this itinerary we added a stay there. It now our favorite island. 

Thank you💚

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Milli😍 We are big fans of Millennium class ships😉

-as the good Norwegian I am, ice cream is good😋😋😋  (even if it’s -20c outside😂

- we are getting off in Oahu, Honolulu. Would have been great to sail down under🤩🤩🤩 But time off is lacking. 
BUT we are flying to Kauai😎 So we will have some adventures in Hawaii before we return home😁🇳🇴 
So there’s still more to come🙃

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

We skipped concierge party today. Felt no need to leave my sun bed, dress up and drink champagne. Just relax and enjoy the temperature😎 

Yes!  Don’t uncompromisingly stick to the cruise compass or other invitations.  Just relax and enjoy. I love it!  

• Thanks 1